Subject: [tsvwg] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-tsvwg-tinymt32-02: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 09:41:52 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-tinymt32-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-tinymt32/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the work everyone has put into this document (and I understand that
this -02 is coming out of another older document). While the mathematical
aspects of the document are above my head, I took the liberty to put 3 comments
and 1 nit in the hope to improve the quality of the document.

== COMMENTS ==

-- Introduction  --

Why not using the usual format for informative references in this chapter?

The Mersenne Twister is part of the sentence but there are no reference to any
paper. Please add a reference for the seminal piece of work.

"...TinyMT32 represents a major improvement ..." can we have more information
about this improvment? On which aspect ?

== NITS ==

-- Abstract  --

I find it a little surprizing that two authors are cited in the abstract.