Subject: [tsvwg] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-13: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 10:54:01 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for resolving the copyright issue.

I would prefer to see the Coding Coefficients Generation Function specified
normatively in text and not only as code.

---

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 08:59:14 +0200

Dear Mirja,

> draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-13: No Objection

Yes I agree, and it’s quite easy. Here is the new text:

NEW:
   These two functions keep respectively the 4 or 8 less significant
   bits of the 32-bit pseudo-random number generated by the
   tinymt32_generate_uint32() function of [tinymt32].  This is done by
   computing the result of a binary AND between the
   tinymt32_generate_uint32() output and respectively the 0xF or 0xFF
   constants, using 32-bit unsigned integer operations.  […]

Regards,

  Vincent

---

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 10:41:45 +0200

Hi Vincent,

Thanks. This is also good. However, I was thinking about adding more text in section 3.6.

Mirja

> On 28. May 2019, at 08:59, Vincent Roca <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear Mirja,
>