Subject: [tsvwg] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-14: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 17:52:40 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-14: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

A few code nits for Section 3.6 so that the code compiles:
** To make the combination of this source code and that in
draft-ietf-tsvwg-tinymt32 compile requires that the directive “#include
<string.h>” be added (for the memset).

** The final return in Section 3.6 is missing a semicolon:
s/return 0/return 0;/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Section 3.5  Is there any guidance that needs to be provided on the value
of the seed to tinymt32_init?

(2) Section 3.6.  In the code comments for cc_nb, I recommend explicitly
stating: s/number of entries in the table/ number of entries in the cc_tab[]
table/

(3) Section 3.6.  Multiple C code fragments are used in the text.  Somewhere
the text should state that the examples are C code and made a reference to what
version -- consider C99 (ISO/IEC 9899:1999), C11 (ISO/IEC 9899:2011), C18
(ISO/IEC 9899:2018).

(4) Other References Nits
Section 1.  Please include a reference for FECFRAME on first introduction.
Section 1.1.  What is the reference for Raptor/RaptorQ?

(6) Editorial Nits
Abstract.  No references are permitted in the abstract
Section 1.1.  Multiple Typos.  s/either a end-/either an end-/g
Section 1.2.  Extra space. s/constraints) ./constraints)./
Section 1.4.  Multiple Typos.  s/signalling/signaling/g
Section 6.2.  Typo.  s/Section Section 3.6/Section 3.6/