Subject: [tsvwg] draft-jovev-tsvwg-sctp-rto-04 - Invitation for review and comments

From: "Dimitar Jovev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 11:06:42 +1000

Dear TSVWG Community,

Hereby we present the draft "Determining SCTP's Retransmission Timer" 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jovev-tsvwg-sctp-rto-04.txt 
and we kindly invite you to review the draft and provide your valuable
comments and suggestions.

The matter addressed by the draft is in line with the TSVWG work focus item
"(A) Maintenance of the Stream Control Transmission Protocol."

The draft has clear purpose: It defines a modification in the RFC 4960
defined Stream Control Transmission Protocol's (SCTP's) Retransmission Timer
(RTO) calculation method. The modification is aimed to reduce the frequency
of spurious T3 timeouts, which are caused by underestimated RTO values,
derived by the RFC4960 defend RTO calculation method, and which have
debilitating effect on the SCTP transmission capacity.

The draft provides a comprehensive description of the problem and proposes a
solution which effectiveness has been verified by extensive comparative
testing in a simulated environment. Thus, the proposed solution, in our
opinion, can be a solid base for further considerations by the working
group.

Thank you and best regards,
Dimitar Jovev

La Trobe College Australia
Melbourne campus
Sylvia Walton building
La Trobe University
Bundoora, Victoria 3086, Australia

Email address: 
[email-masked]
[email-masked]