Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 14:41:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Network Address Translation Support
        Authors         : Randall R. Stewart
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Irene Ruengeler
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-15.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2019-11-17

Abstract:
   The Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) provides a reliable
   communications channel between two end-hosts in many ways similar to
   the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).  With the widespread
   deployment of Network Address Translators (NAT), specialized code has
   been added to NAT for TCP that allows multiple hosts to reside behind
   a NAT and yet use only a single globally unique IPv4 address, even
   when two hosts (behind a NAT) choose the same port numbers for their
   connection.  This additional code is sometimes classified as Network
   Address and Port Translation (NAPT).

   This document describes the protocol extensions required for the SCTP
   endpoints and the mechanisms for NAT devices necessary to provide
   similar features of NAPT in the single point and multi point
   traversal scenario.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-15
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-natsupp-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/