Subject: [tsvwg] closing L4S issue #18 on loss detection in time units

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 16:42:42 -0500

I think the L4S issue tracker captures the consensus from the mailing 
list and Singapore meeting on issue #18 regarding loss detection in time 
units.

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/tsvwg/ticket/18

David's last comment in the tracker looks like a good summary to me of 
what's been agreed to:

    Based on discussion at IETF-106 (Singapore), the direction to close
    this issue is to make the requirement that loss be detected in time
    units become a "SHOULD" requirement instead of a "MUST" requirement
    on the basis that this is a "good thing" (tm) for the Internet in
    general, but is not an absolute necessity for the L4S low latency
    service to work.

I'm assuming when the drafts are revised that this will be reflected, 
and that people reviewing the revision will be looking for this, so it's 
fine to go ahead and mark this resolved in the tracker (as it's no 
longer a matter of disagreement; we're just waiting to see the agreement 
reflected in the docs).

Please shout if this doesn't sound right.

---

From: "Rodney W. Grimes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 09:12:22 -0800 (PST)

Wes,

I feel we SHOULD not close the issue until the issue is actually fixed,
which means after a draft is published that includes the repair, then
the tracker can be updated to state:
   Closed by change foo to draft-bar in version apple on date.

Closing issues before such correction is a certain method to issues
going un resolved.

Regards,
Rod

>     general, but is not an absolute necessity for the L4S low latency

I agree this appears to be the WG consensus.

> Please shout if this doesn't sound right.

Shouting, but only on precedural issues, not on consensus.

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 00:46:41 +0000

+1 (as an individual, not as WG chair)

Thanks, --David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tsvwg <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Rodney W. Grimes
> Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 12:12 PM
> To: Wesley Eddy
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [tsvwg] closing L4S issue #18 on loss detection in time units
> 
> 
> [EXTERNAL EMAIL]
> 
> Wes,
>