Subject: [tsvwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-10.txt

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2020 17:07:49 +0000

We're pleased to upload a version of draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt 
after processing the WGLC comments. Thanks again to all who commented, 
both on the list and in private emails during the WGLC process!

Best wishes

Gorry & Colin
(as the document editors)

-------- Forwarded Message --------

	

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-10.txt
has been successfully submitted by Godred Fairhurst and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt
Revision: 10
Title: Considerations around Transport Header Confidentiality, Network 
Operations, and the Evolution of Internet Transport Protocols
Document date: 2020-01-09
Group: tsvwg
Pages: 47
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-10.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-10
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-10

Abstract:
To protect user data and privacy, Internet transport protocols have
supported payload encryption and authentication for some time. Such
encryption and authentication is now also starting to be applied to
the transport protocol headers. This helps avoid transport protocol
ossification by middleboxes, while also protecting metadata about the
communication. Current operational practice in some networks inspect
transport header information within the network, but this is no
longer possible when those transport headers are encrypted. This
document discusses the possible impact when network traffic uses a
protocol with an encrypted transport header. It suggests issues to
consider when designing new transport protocols, to account for
network operations, prevent network ossification, and enable
transport evolution, while still respecting user privacy.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat