Subject: [tsvwg] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4960 (5957)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 07:47:57 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4960,
"Stream Control Transmission Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5957

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Földvári Zoltán <[email-masked]>

Section: 10.1

Original Text
-------------
D) Abort

      Format: ABORT(association id [, Upper Layer Abort Reason]) ->
      result

   Ungracefully closes an association.  Any locally queued user data
   will be discarded, and an ABORT chunk is sent to the peer.  A success
   code will be returned on successful abort of the association.  If
   attempting to abort the association results in a failure, an error
   code shall be returned.

   Mandatory attributes:

   o association id - local handle to the SCTP association.

   Optional attributes:

   o Upper Layer Abort Reason - reason of the abort to be passed to the
   peer.

   None.

Corrected Text
--------------
D) Abort

      Format: ABORT(association id [, Upper Layer Abort Reason]) ->
      result

   Ungracefully closes an association.  Any locally queued user data
   will be discarded, and an ABORT chunk is sent to the peer.  A success
   code will be returned on successful abort of the association.  If
   attempting to abort the association results in a failure, an error
   code shall be returned.

   Mandatory attributes:

   o association id - local handle to the SCTP association.

   Optional attributes:

   o Upper Layer Abort Reason - reason of the abort to be passed to the
   peer.

Notes
-----
There is an extra "None." at the end but it is not necessary because there is an optional attribute.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4960 (draft-ietf-tsvwg-2960bis-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Stream Control Transmission Protocol
Publication Date    : September 2007
Author(s)           : R. Stewart, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transport Area Working Group
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG