Subject: [tsvwg] RFC 8681 on Sliding Window Random Linear Code (RLC) Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 15:38:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8681

        Title:      Sliding Window Random Linear Code (RLC)
                    Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Schemes 
                    for FECFRAME 
        Author:     V. Roca, 
                    B. Teibi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8681

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8681

This document describes two fully specified Forward Erasure
Correction (FEC) Schemes for Sliding Window Random Linear Codes
(RLC), one for RLC over the Galois Field (a.k.a., Finite Field)
GF(2), a second one for RLC over the Galois Field GF(2), each time
with the possibility of controlling the code density. They can
protect arbitrary media streams along the lines defined by FECFRAME
extended to Sliding Window FEC Codes. These Sliding Window FEC Codes
rely on an encoding window that slides over the source symbols,
generating new repair symbols whenever needed. Compared to block FEC
codes, these Sliding Window FEC Codes offer key advantages with
real-time flows in terms of reduced FEC-related latency while often
providing improved packet erasure recovery capabilities.

This document is a product of the Transport Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC