Subject: [tsvwg] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-09.txt

From: Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 06:00:21 +0200

Hi,

In this newer version we've changed the UDP relay such that some ICMP 
errors (host/net unreachable and TTL exceeded) can be reported to the 
client. It is now possible to do traceroute using SOCKS.

In cases where UDP is not available between the client and the proxy, 
datagrams can also be sent over TCP.

We're still thinking about how it would best to do ping.

Cheers,

Vlad

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-09.txt
Date: 	Mon, 09 Mar 2020 15:32:54 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Vladimir Olteanu <[email-masked]>, Dragos Niculescu 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Vladimir Olteanu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Revision: 09
Title: SOCKS Protocol Version 6
Document date: 2020-03-09
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 41
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-09.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-09
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-09

Abstract:
The SOCKS protocol is used primarily to proxy TCP connections to
arbitrary destinations via the use of a proxy server. Under the
latest version of the protocol (version 5), it takes 2 RTTs (or 3, if
authentication is used) before data can flow between the client and
the server.

This memo proposes SOCKS version 6, which reduces the number of RTTs
used, takes full advantage of TCP Fast Open, and adds support for
0-RTT authentication.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat