Subject: Re: [tsvwg] plan for L4S issue #29

From: Ingemar Johansson S <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 09:27:42 +0000

Hi

I think that this issue can be closed and moved to ICCRG. 

My impression, based on earlier discussions on this mailing list is that
possible RFC3168 bottlenecks such as home gateways can be updated to support
L4S alongside with other necessary updates that are done to block e.g.
security threats. 

In addition, this discussion is a non-issue for 4G/5G access as RFC3168 ECN
is AFAIK not at all implemented. 

Also think that it is reasonable to go for algorithms that can do detection
rather than fall back. This can possibly be documented/referenced to in the
L4S ops draft started by Greg White, that is published later on.

The important thing is that I don’t see any reasons why L4S issue #29 should
block WGLC for the L4S drafts.

Regards

/Ingemar

================================

Ingemar Johansson  M.Sc. 

Master Researcher

Ericsson Research

RESEARCHER

GFTL ER NAP NCM Netw Proto & E2E Perf

Labratoriegränd 11

977 53, Luleå, Sweden

Phone +46-1071 43042

SMS/MMS +46-73 078 3289

[email-masked]

www.ericsson.com <http://www.ericsson.com/> 

Talk about a dream, try to make it real

                  Bruce Springsteen

=================================