Subject: [tsvwg] [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-01.txt]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 17:34:42 +0000

Hi,

We have updated the draft to address an number of issues, including the feedback
we gotten from Gorry. 

One of the major changes in this version is to use the SCTP Adaptation Layer
Indication mechanism to indicate that it is DTLS over SCTP one like to do and
have thus been able to remove one of the proposed SCTP parameters reducing the
impicat on the SCTP stack to support this update. 

We have also enabled renegotiation for DTLS 1.2 as that is a necessary feature
to enable long living DTLS/SCTP associations. DTLS 1.3 rekeying also have some
implications on the security parameters that are being discussed. 

We think this update of RFC 6083 is necessary due to several aspects and hope
that more people are interested and willing to support in reviewing and
discussing it. 

You can also submit and disuss issues here:

https://github.com/gloinul/draft-westerlund-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis/issues

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Subject: I-D Action: draft-westerlund-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 09:14:41 -0800
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) over Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP)
        Authors         : Magnus Westerlund
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Claudio Porfiri
                          Michael Tüxen
	Filename        : draft-westerlund-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2021-02-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a proposed update for the usage of the
   Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol to protect user
   messages sent over the Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP).

   DTLS over SCTP provides mutual authentication, confidentiality,
   integrity protection, and replay protection for applications that use
   SCTP as their transport protocol and allows client/server
   applications to communicate in a way that is designed to give
   communications privacy and to prevent eavesdropping and detect
   tampering or message forgery.

   Applications using DTLS over SCTP can use almost all transport
   features provided by SCTP and its extensions.  This document intends
   to obsolete RFC 6083 and removes the 16 kB limitation on user message
   size by defining a secure user message fragmentation so that multiple
   DTLS records can be used to protect a single user message.  It
   further updates the DTLS versions to use, as well as the HMAC
   algorithms for SCTP-AUTH, and simplifies the implementation by some
   stricter requirements on the establishment procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-westerlund-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-westerlund-tsvwg-dtls-over-sctp-bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt