Subject: [tsvwg] Lars Eggert's No Objection on draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-20: (with COMMENT)

From: Lars Eggert via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 06:52:28 -0700

Lars Eggert has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-20: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 2.2.1, paragraph 11, comment:
>    Throughput and Goodput:  Throughput is the amount of payload data
>       sent by a flow per time interval.  Goodput (see Section 2.5 of
>       [RFC7928]) is a measure of useful data exchanged (the ratio of
>       useful data to total volume of traffic sent by a flow).  The

You might want to refer to the definitions in RFC5166 here; especially the
definition of goodput here (once as a measure and then as a ratio) seems off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All comments below are very minor change suggestions that you may choose to
incorporate in some way (or ignore), as you see fit. There is no need to let me
know what you did with these suggestions.

Section 2, paragraph 4, nit:
-    information can support network operations and management, and this
+    information that can support network operations and management, and this
+               +++++

Section 2, paragraph 4, nit:
-    exploited for purposes unrelated to network transport measurement,
-                                                ----------
+    exploited for purposes unrelated to network measurement,

Section 2.1, paragraph 3, nit:
-    used.  Transport protocols, such as TCP and the Stream Control
-    Transport Protocol (SCTP), specify a standard base header that
+    used.  Transport protocols, such as TCP [RFC7414] and the Stream Control
+                                            ++++++++++
+    Transport Protocol (SCTP) [RFC4960], specify a standard base header that
+                             ++++++++++