Subject: [tsvwg] Erik Kline's Yes on draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-20: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 11:04:19 -0700

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-20: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just nits.

[ section 1 ]

* "Current uses of transport header information in the network are
   explained, which can be beneficial or malicious."

  I suppose it's the "uses of..." that might be seen as beneficial or
  malicious, but I briefly read it as the explanation that was beneficial
  or malicious.

  ;-)

[ section 2 ]

* "provide information can support" ->
  "provide information that can support"?

[ section 2.2.1 ]

* "inferred from a measure the variation" ->
  "inferred from a measure of the variation", perhaps

[ section 2.2.2 ]

* "that they does not recognise" -> "that they do not recognise"

[ section 2.3.4 ]

* "the network the path" -> "the network path"

[ section 2.3.6 ]

* "A variety and open source and proprietary tools" ->
  "A variety of open source and proprietary tools"

[ section 2.4 ]

* "to cause the header compression to a fall back" ->
  "to cause the header compression to fall back"

[ section 3 ]

* "provides data need to" -> "provides data needed to"?

[ section 4 ]

* "In some case," -> "In some cases,", I think

[ section 6.1 ]

* "part of encapsulation protocol" ->
  "part of the encapsulation protocol", perhaps

[ section 7 ]

* "make informed choice" -> "make informed choices"?