Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 06:42:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Propagating Explicit Congestion Notification Across IP Tunnel Headers Separated by a Shim
        Author          : Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-14.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2021-05-25

Abstract:
   RFC 6040 on "Tunnelling of Explicit Congestion Notification" made the
   rules for propagation of ECN consistent for all forms of IP in IP
   tunnel.  This specification updates RFC 6040 to clarify that its
   scope includes tunnels where two IP headers are separated by at least
   one shim header that is not sufficient on its own for wide area
   packet forwarding.  It surveys widely deployed IP tunnelling
   protocols that use such shim header(s) and updates the specifications
   of those that do not mention ECN propagation (L2TPv2, L2TPv3, GRE,
   Teredo and AMT).  This specification also updates RFC 6040 with
   configuration requirements needed to make any legacy tunnel ingress
   safe.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-14

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/