Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 06:33:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Guidelines for Adding Congestion Notification to Protocols that Encapsulate IP
        Authors         : Bob Briscoe
                          John Kaippallimalil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-16.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2021-05-25

Abstract:
   The purpose of this document is to guide the design of congestion
   notification in any lower layer or tunnelling protocol that
   encapsulates IP.  The aim is for explicit congestion signals to
   propagate consistently from lower layer protocols into IP.  Then the
   IP internetwork layer can act as a portability layer to carry
   congestion notification from non-IP-aware congested nodes up to the
   transport layer (L4).  Following these guidelines should assure
   interworking among IP layer and lower layer congestion notification
   mechanisms, whether specified by the IETF or other standards bodies.
   This document updates the advice to subnetwork designers about ECN in
   RFC 3819.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-encap-guidelines-16

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/