Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-options-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 09:22:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Transport Options for UDP
        Author          : Joe Touch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-options-12.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2021-05-02

Abstract:
   Transport protocols are extended through the use of transport header
   options. This document extends UDP by indicating the location,
   syntax, and semantics for UDP transport layer options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-options/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-options-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-options-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-options-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Joseph Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 09:28:10 -0700

Hi, all,

This version updates the doc with the new MRSS option, indicating the receive max reassembled segment, in addition to the TCP-like MSS option used as a hint for path MTU discovery.

Note that this changes some option indices, hopefully for the final time.

It also resolves all pending notes and issues.

It should be ready for WG last call.

Joe

> On May 2, 2021, at 9:22 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 12:36:00 -0700

Joe and WG,

I will do a thorough review of the draft-ietf-tsvwg-udp-options-12 within
the coming week. This will essentially be an ab-initio review; the last
time I looked at the document in detail was July 2019, following IETF 104.
I will be interested to see how all the issues raised at that time have
been resolved.

Mike Heard

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 9:28 AM Joseph Touch wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> This version updates the doc with the new MRSS option, indicating the
> receive max reassembled segment, in addition to the TCP-like MSS option
> used as a hint for path MTU discovery.
>