Subject: [tsvwg] Designated Experts for SCTP IANA Registries

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 15:28:51 -0700

In reviewing rfc4960-bis, I noticed that there are no designated experts
for the
Error Cause Codes registry although "Specification Required" requires it.

While we're at it, we should also name DEs for the RFC 4895 HMAC registry.

Michael Tuexen, can you also update the draft to indicate that the Payload
Protocol Identifiers registry is First Come First Served? (and that the
change controller will therefore be the IETF).

Any volunteers?
Martin

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:30:39 +0200

> On 27. Oct 2021, at 00:28, Martin Duke <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> In reviewing rfc4960-bis, I noticed that there are no designated experts for the
Hi Martin,
> Michael Tuexen, can you also update the draft to indicate that the Payload Protocol Identifiers registry is First Come First Served? (and that the change controller will therefore be the IETF).
Sure. I also cleaned up the text a bit. It reads now:

<t>The assignment of payload protocol identifier is done using the First Come
First Served policy as defined in <xref target='RFC8126'/>.</t>
<t>Except for value 0, which is reserved to indicate an unspecified payload
protocol identifier in a DATA chunk, an SCTP implementation will not be
responsible for standardizing or verifying any payload protocol identifiers;
An SCTP implementation simply receives the identifier from the upper layer
and carries it with the corresponding payload data.</t>
<t>The upper layer, i.e., the SCTP user, SHOULD standardize any specific
protocol identifier with IANA if it is so desired.
The use of any specific payload protocol identifier is out of the scope of
this specification.</t>
> Any volunteers?
Sure, I can do it.

Best regards
Michael

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 07:15:45 -0400

Martin:

You can add me as an expert if you would like. I have 
a wee bit of familiarity with SCTP :)

R

> On Oct 29, 2021, at 6:30 AM, Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

------
Randall Stewart
[email-masked]

---

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 16:23:17 -0700

Thanks, ballot submitted with your names.

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 4:15 AM Randall Stewart <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >> Michael Tuexen, can you also update the draft to indicate that the
> Payload Protocol Identifiers registry is First Come First Served? (and that
> the change controller will therefore be the IETF).