Subject: [tsvwg] Partial review of draft-ietf-tsvwg-dscp-considerations-00

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 15:14:09 -0700

As I asked for this draft a few meetings ago, the chairs wanted me to
review this document to verify that it met my requirements.

TL;DR it does!

If I were picking a DSCP for a draft, there is not much more I would need
to know about the topology of the DSCP space. I suppose more data about the
relative prevalence of these behaviors would be helpful, but that sounds
like exponentially more work.

That said, I have personally never picked a DSCP for a draft, so the
opinions of others would be valuable.

I might have more detailed notes when this comes up for AD review, but here
are a couple of items:

- I suggest the chairs request formal review by other WGs (by using their
mailing list) or other SDOs (via liaison statement) where applicable. There
are numerous places where you ask for more input, and this might help.

- It would be good to put somewhere in the introduction that the documented
behaviors are in no way recommended by IETF consensus and in many cases
expressly discouraged or forbidden.

But thank you for doing this work! When the authors are comfortable with
the amount of input on the indicated sections, I believe (as an individual)
this is ready to move to WGLC.

Martin