Subject: [tsvwg] John Scudder's No Objection on draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-17: (with COMMENT)

From: John Scudder via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:35:49 -0800

John Scudder has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your work on this.

I noticed in the shepherd write up: “SCTP is implemented in endpoints either in
the operating system or a user stack. Running code for SCTP exists in several
TCP/IP stacks.  All main STCP implementations are expected to comply with
4960.bis. **The document is expected to fulfill the requirements of an
"Internet Standard"** according to RFC 2026 and RFC 7127.” (emphasis added)

I wonder why that isn't the intended status, then?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 10:54:44 +0100

> On 16. Dec 2021, at 00:35, John Scudder via Datatracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
I guess this was discussed in the IESG.

Best regards
Michael