Subject: [tsvwg] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 06:00:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DualQ Coupled AQMs for Low Latency, Low Loss and Scalable Throughput (L4S)
        Authors         : Koen De Schepper
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Greg White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-20.txt
	Pages           : 61
	Date            : 2021-12-24

Abstract:
   This specification defines a framework for coupling the Active Queue
   Management (AQM) algorithms in two queues intended for flows with
   different responses to congestion.  This provides a way for the
   Internet to transition from the scaling problems of standard TCP
   Reno-friendly ('Classic') congestion controls to the family of
   'Scalable' congestion controls.  These are designed for consistently
   very Low queuing Latency, very Low congestion Loss and Scaling of
   per-flow throughput (L4S) by using Explicit Congestion Notification
   (ECN) in a modified way.  Until the Coupled DualQ, these L4S senders
   could only be deployed where a clean-slate environment could be
   arranged, such as in private data centres.  The coupling acts like a
   semi-permeable membrane: isolating the sub-millisecond average
   queuing delay and zero congestion loss of L4S from Classic latency
   and loss; but pooling the capacity between any combination of
   Scalable and Classic flows with roughly equivalent throughput per
   flow.  The DualQ achieves this indirectly, without having to inspect
   transport layer flow identifiers and without compromising the
   performance of the Classic traffic, relative to a single queue.  The
   DualQ design has low complexity and requires no configuration for the
   public Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-20.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-20

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts