Subject: [tsvwg] L4S next steps

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 10:35:20 -0500

In the interim meeting agenda, we have some time for document shepherd 
update on the L4S drafts that have been in WGLC.

This is a note summarizing what I'll say there, for anyone who can't 
make it.

We're expecting one more revision of the drafts, based on only a few 
things the editors have still been discussing.

I think all of the comments submitted have been understood and 
considered by the WG, and the editors have made all of the agreed 
changes.  People should verify, and if possible ACK, that the updates 
look good with regard to changes they were expecting.

There is strong support to publish, but the consensus is unusually 
rough.  There are a mixture of specific items that some participants 
don't agree with (e.g. whether L4S should obsolete 3168 now), and others 
who have general disagreements with the L4S approach almost entirely.

My plan is to submit to our AD fairly soon after the next revision is 
published, assuming good feedback about the state of comments having all 
been addressed.  Given the roughness of the consensus, I drafted 
shepherd writeups for the 3 documents, that are available for people to 
look at and offer 'help' if they don't think I've represented particular 
concerns well.  These would be primarily in question 9 of each of the 
write-ups below.

Please note, these are 3 different write-ups, somewhat tailored for each 
document, especially regarding the question 9 answers.

  * https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-l4s-arch/shepherdwriteup/
  * https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-l4s-id/shepherdwriteup/
  * https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled/shepherdwriteup/

Please note, these are a first attempt; they assume some things still, 
and some people have already this morning provided a bit of feedback 
that hasn't been worked in yet.

You can feel free to comment in private to me or the other chairs with 
suggested additions or clarifications.