Subject: [tsvwg] Some comments on NQB

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 19:18:52 +0000

1) What does disable really mean in:

To limit the consequences of this scenario, operators of such networks 
SHOULD utilize a traffic protection function that is more tolerant of 
burstiness (i.e. a temporary queue). Alternatively, operators of such 
networks MAY choose to disable NQB support on these low speed links. In 
particular, for links that are far below "typical" path rates, it is 
RECOMMENDED that NQB support be disabled.¶ <#section-5.3-2>

- could we be mroe specific: discard; use the default PHB; remark?

Best wishes,
Gorry

---

From: Greg White <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 17:54:40 +0000

“Use the default PHB” is what I intended.  I’ll make that more clear.

-Greg

From: tsvwg <[email-masked]> on behalf of Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, March 18, 2022 at 1:19 PM
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [tsvwg] Some comments on NQB

To limit the consequences of this scenario, operators of such networks SHOULD utilize a traffic protection function that is more tolerant of burstiness (i.e. a temporary queue). Alternatively, operators of such networks MAY choose to disable NQB support on these low speed links. In particular, for links that are far below "typical" path rates, it is RECOMMENDED that NQB support be disabled.¶
- could we be mroe specific: discard; use the default PHB; remark?

Best wishes,
Gorry

---

From: "Gorry (erg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 23:45:03 +0100

I thought it would be so, making that clear seems good to me.

Gorry

> On 21 Mar 2022, at 18:56, Greg White <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> - could we be more specific: discard; use the default PHB; remark?
> 
> Best wishes,
> Gorry