Subject: [Tzdist-bis] Protocol Action: 'The Time Zone Information Format (TZif)' to Proposed Standard (draft-murchison-tzdist-tzif-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 06:15:59 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Time Zone Information Format (TZif)'
  (draft-murchison-tzdist-tzif-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murchison-tzdist-tzif/

Technical Summary

   This document defines the Time Zone Information Format (TZif) for
   representing and exchanging time zone information, independent of
   any particular service or protocol.  Two MIME media types for this
   format are also defined.  Note that this format has existed for
   over three decades in one form or another.

Working Group Summary

   This document was not considered by any existing working group. The AD
   considered creating a WG, but it was thought that things were moving
   quickly enough with the right people without one.

Document Quality

   This format is widely deployed.

   Ned Freed did a media-type review on June 6, 2018.  However, a second
   review was requested, as the media-type entries have changed.

Personnel

   Eliot Lear is the Shepherd.  Alexey Melnikov is the responsible AD.