Subject: [Tzdist] issue tracker

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:24:29 +0200

In case it hasn't become painfully apparent, Daniel and I are using
trac.ietf.org to track open issues on the various documents. This will
occasionally generate more mail than perhaps you would like to see.

If you have any issues that are currently**not in the tracker that you
sent to the mailing list, please ping one of us so we can add them.

Eliot

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:04:49 -0400

Hi Eliot,

> sent to the mailing list, please ping one of us so we can add them.

One missing issue is how to represent the JSON "schema".

Right now our draft makes use of draft-newton-json-content-rules which I 
found to be a fairly lightweight, relatively easy to understand way, to do 
that. However, that document is not actively being pursued. There has been 
some discussion in the JSON WG about working on a formal "schema" 
definition language for JSON, but that work did not make it into the 
current charter for the WG.

I worry that waiting for a "formal" JSON schema to be defined would block 
us for quite some time. We could choose to do what jCal (RFC7265) and jCard 
(RFC7095) did and express the schema via ABNF, but I do think that is 
rather "ugly".

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:05:12 -0400

You could consider doing what PAWS has done in the latest version of
their protocol draft: they specify the data structures, and then show
by example how to map the data structures into JSON.  It's not a
formal mapping, but it's almost certainly good enough to guide
engineers.

Barry

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> some discussion in the JSON WG about working on a formal "schema" definition
> language for JSON, but that work did not make it into the current charter
> for the WG.
>
> I worry that waiting for a "formal" JSON schema to be defined would block us
> for quite some time. We could choose to do what jCal (RFC7265) and jCard
> (RFC7095) did and express the schema via ABNF, but I do think that is rather
> "ugly".
>
> --
> Cyrus Daboo
>
> _______________________________________________
> Tzdist mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tzdist