Subject: [Tzdist] Test server

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:13:42 -0400

Hi folks,
Some of us at CalConnect have been working on implementations of the 
current draft and doing interop testing at various CalConnect events (and 
we will continue to do so, in particular at the upcoming meeting in 
September in the UK).

I do have a public demo server available at 
https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443. Others may also have publicly 
available test servers (I will let them post details if they desire). Feel 
free to use my server for exploring how the protocol in the current draft 
works.

Some examples (using curl on OS X):

1) well-known URI that redirects to the "root" context path for the service:

curl https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/.well-known/timezone

2) Capabilities action:

curl https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=capabilities

3) List action:

curl https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=list

4) Get action:

curl 
https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=get\&tzid=America%2FNew_York

or, for jCal:

curl 
https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=get\&tzid=America%2FNew_York\&format=application%2Fcalendar%2Bjson

5) Expand action:

curl 
https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=expand\&tzid=America%2FNew_York\&start=2013\&end=2015

6) Find action: not implemented yet.

7) Invalid action:

curl https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=foobar

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:18:52 +0200

Thanks, Cyrus.  I've put this up on the TZDIST wiki.  Did you know we
have a wiki?  Well we do!   And it's here:

https://tools.ietf.org/wg/tzdist/trac/wiki/WikiStart

Eliot

On 8/21/14, 5:13 PM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> current draft and doing interop testing at various CalConnect events
> (and we will continue to do so, in particular at the upcoming meeting
> in September in the UK).
>
> available test servers (I will let them post details if they desire).
> Feel free to use my server for exploring how the protocol in the
> current draft works.
>
> https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=capabilities
>
> 3) List action:
>

---

From: Mike Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:26:03 -0400

Here's an example on bedework

https://www.bedework.org/.well-known/timezone?action=list

---

From: Mike Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:27:00 -0400

Sorry - my earlier reply was intended to be for this message

bedework.org has a test service, e.g.

---

From: Tobias Conradi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:10:23 +0200

> https://www.bedework.org/.well-known/timezone?action=list
Thank you. Much better readable for humans than

>> https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=list

-- 
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18
10115 Berlin
Germany

http://tobiasconradi.com

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:30:07 -0400

Hi Tobias,

>>> https://demo.calendarserver.org:8443/stdtimezones?action=list

Arghh! Can't have Mike's look better than mine :-) I've tweaked my 
implementation to pretty print the JSON for now.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo