Subject: [Tzdist] Tickets #7 and #23

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 08:10:31 -0400

Aren't these the same issue?

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 08:12:44 -0400

Damn!  Did it again.  Corrected ticket numbers.  Time for more coffee.

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:17:30 +0200

I agree they are.  I am closing issue #20.

Eliot

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:24:07 +0200

Actually, I may have been too quick.  I think Cyrus was trying to
indicate that the matter needs to be resolved for both drafts.

Eliot

On 8/27/14, 2:17 PM, Eliot Lear wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Tzdist mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tzdist

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:08:07 -0400

Hi Eliot,

> indicate that the matter needs to be resolved for both drafts.

No - I think the TLS issue is only relevant to the tzdist service. CalDAV 
has its own requirements on using TLS and we should have no say over that 
in the timezones-by-reference draft. The only thing that draft might want 
to say is that clients using the CalDAV server's advertises tzdist service 
ought to apply the same level (or higher) of security in accessing the 
tzdist data as they would for CalDAV.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 21:39:00 +0200

To me ticket 7 is about reducing the SRV requests across non-local
boundaries. Ticket 20 is about making TLS mandatory of not for tzdist.

For ticket 20, TLS and tzdist: TLS can be used for integrity protection and
confidentiality. Current, tzdata are not integrity protected. However, in
the future it may become not true anymore. In addition tzdata are mostly
public data. As a result, I would prefer not to make TLS mandatory. Instead
I would like something like mandatory to implement optional to deploy.

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58