Subject: [Tzdist] Proposal to change timezone to time zone

From: Tobias Conradi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:15:42 +0200

Following an email by Jon Skeet 2014-07-02
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2014-July/021119.html

I proposed 2014-07-03 to Mr. Daboo to change
"timezone" to "time zone"
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2014-July/021129.html

2014-07-06 IETF Area Director Barry Leiba then wrote that he changed
the -04 version of the charter except for the WG name, and asked the
Secretariat to change the latter:
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2014-July/021143.html

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-tzdist/00-04/
only shows "time zone" in the text area.

The current version, "01", of 2014-08-08, for which the HTTP interface
seems to offer no readable permanent link on the site, but I try
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-tzdist/01/
is the first that contains the WG name in the proposed format
"Time Zone Data Distribution Service"

The text contains
-----------------------
The working group will use the following drafts as initial input for its
work:
draft-douglass-timezone-service-11
draft-daboo-caldav-timezone-ref-01
-----------------------

The URLs I found are
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-douglass-timezone-service-11
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-caldav-timezone-ref-01

Both these drafts use "timezone" in the name and in their text bodies.

I propose to change their names to
- draft-douglass-time-zone-service-11
- draft-daboo-caldav-time-zone-ref-01
and to replace in the text bodies "timezone" with "time zone"

Reasoning:
Increase clarity by using one name for one concept.

RFC 6557 uses "time zone"
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6557

Some reasoning by Tobias Conradi emailed 2014-07-03
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2014-July/021137.html

-- 
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18
10115 Berlin
Germany

http://tobiasconradi.com