Subject: [Tzdist] #22 a short notice change will affect current meeting times

From: Lester Caine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:24:14 +0100

Although a few other tickets also link to this.

Scenario ...

We have an update affecting several tzid's. A user has a current copy of
a servers data, and a tdstart stamp for that data. The user checks for
an update by using changesince on the list function with the recorded
tdstart and get a list of tzid's it needs to re-read. It then cycles
through that list using get, but we loose a network connection. When the
connection is restored should it drop all the updates and start again,
or just carry on? The problem is that while the get elements are being
processed there may be further updates to the data affecting the returns
from the get stage. Using the last-mod entry with the VTIMEZONE may be a
way around this, but the dtstamp of the update being processed is for
the list command. Can this be used as a flag that there has been an
additional update to the data?

expand does not have this problem since it has a dtstamp value for each
entry and the data is returned in the same packet as there quest? I'm
still not sure this can be achieved using the VTIMEZONE packets?

-- 
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://lsces.co.uk
EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/
Model Engineers Digital Workshop - http://medw.co.uk
Rainbow Digital Media - http://rainbowdigitalmedia.co.uk