Subject: [Tzdist] Editorial comments on draft-ietf-tzdist-service-02

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:47:17 +0200

Hi,

here are some editorial comments about the draft
draft-ietf-tzdist-service-02

A) Service Name

section 4.2.1.1. Time Zone Data Distribution Service SRV Service Labels

timezone(s) service. Maybe using stimezone for secure time zone avoids
confusion with a plural of multiple timezones.

B) Protocol Overview section

In section 5.9 "truncate" Parameter as well in other parameter sections.
Some reference to actions and response object are made.

I suggest a section protocol overview is added, to briefly describe how
parameters and object interacts.

"""Interactions between the client and the server are defined though HTTP
GET and associated responses. To indicate what is expected from the server,
the client associates a specific value to the parameter "action". This
value specifies what is expected from the server. The different values are
detailed in section 6. For example, the "capabilities" action is used by
the client to discover which options have been enabled by the server, the
"list" action lists the time zone served by the server...

Each action results in a response that is defined as an object. Each action
has its associated object response. If an error occurs, than the same error
object is shared. These response objects are defined in section 7.

In addition to an action, a request may also embeds certain Request
Parameters. These Request Parameters specify how the action should be
completed. They are detailed in section 5. All Request Parameters cannot be
used for each action, instead, each action accepts a subset of these
parameters.
"""

C) Reordering / Renaming Sections

Maybe we can invert the order of the section and have

6. Actions / Maybe we could rename it to Request Action
"/ maybe we can rename this to Object Response Definition (JSON)
5. Request Parameters

In section "6 Action" I would add a sentence saying that responses have
been provided as example, and that definition of the objects are provided
by section "7. JSON Definitions for object responses

Best Regards,

Daniel

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58