Subject: [Tzdist] Proposed topics for the call

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:18:08 -0400

Hi,
Here is my personal list of topics I would like to see discussed and 
resolved on the call tomorrow (obviously the chairs get to decide the 
actual agenda).

1. <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/tzdist/trac/ticket/29> URL design - REST. 
This is potentially a significant change to the design of the protocol - 
though it doesn't really impact the goals of the protocol. It may well open 
doors to easier resolution of some of the other issues (e.g., URL paths 
could be designed to allow access to historical snapshots).

2. <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/tzdist/trac/ticket/18> Outright removal 
of timezones - whilst some new text was added to the latest version of the 
draft to address this, I think we still need to decide how likely this is. 
If we think this is a may happen a lot, then I believe we need to enhance 
the "changedsince" behavior to allow for reporting "outright removals".

3. <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/tzdist/trac/ticket/32> Historial "snapshots" 
of tzdata - I think Lester has made a compelling case as to why this is a 
problem. It might be tricky to solve though.

There are several other open tickets but I think most of those can probably 
be resolved on the list once the major items are taken care of.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo