Subject: Re: [Tzdist] [tzdist] #9 (service): TZIDs overlap?!

From: "tzdist issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:39:22 -0000

#9: TZIDs overlap?!

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Old description:

> Draft: draft-douglass-timezone-service-11
>
> Section 3.1 contains the following text:
>
>    It is possible that timezone identifiers from
>    different publishers overlap, and there might be a need for a
>    provider to distinguish those with some form of "namespace" prefix
>    identifying the publisher.  However, development of a standard
>    (global) timezone identifier naming scheme is out of scope for this
>    specification.
>
> Without getting into the business of how the publisher names time zones a
> simple distinction of who the publisher is will eliminate overlap.  One
> might consider a URN in this context.

New description:

 Draft: draft-douglass-timezone-service-11

 Section 3.1 contains the following text:

    It is possible that timezone identifiers from
    different publishers overlap, and there might be a need for a
    provider to distinguish those with some form of "namespace" prefix
    identifying the publisher.  However, development of a standard
    (global) timezone identifier naming scheme is out of scope for this
    specification.

 Without getting into the business of how the publisher names time zones a
 simple distinction of who the publisher is will eliminate overlap.  One
 might consider a URN in this context.

 What has been agreed on the mailing list is in the version 02. I am
 considering this issue as fixed.

--

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]      |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:
Component:  service             |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                      |
--------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/tzdist/trac/ticket/9#comment:2>
tzdist <http://tools.ietf.org/tzdist/>

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:42:18 +0200

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I closed this issue as it seems the TZID overlap has been addressed.
However I just want to make sure everyone agree also that non specifying
the TZID format is out of scope of the draft.

BR,
Daniel

-- 
Daniel Migault
Orange Labs -- Security
+33 6 70 72 69 58