Subject: [Tzdist] 3.2. Time Zone Aliases 6.3 TZID, TZID-ALIAS-OF

From: Tobias Conradi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:04:51 +0100

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tzdist-service-02#section-3.2

Section 3.2 mentions "Alias", but there is no such property. Instead
it says that TZID can contain an ID or an alias. Happy guessing.

Ah, there is one way, one can query an id-or-maybe-it-is-an-alias via

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tzdist-service-02#section-6.3

In section 6.3  TZID-ALIAS-OF is mentioned. If one gets such an
element, when asking for details for a id-or-maybe-it-is-an-alias,
than one has hit an id-or-maybe-it-is-an-alias which actually is an
alias.

But, it is allowed to have several TZID-ALIAS-OF statements - so it is
an alias of one or more TZIDs at the same time.

One could even end up with larger cluster, if one TZID can have
several aliases, and one alias can have several TZID ... maybe with
the time this cluster become bigger and bigger, maybe all of Europe is
already one cluster.

-- 
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18
10115 Berlin
Germany

http://tobiasconradi.com