Subject: [Tzdist] draft-ietf-tzdist-service-03 test server

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:44:09 -0500

All,

I have updated my code to comply with the new URL scheme in -03. The 
test server is here https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/ and using 
2014j data.  I'm pretty sure that the code is complete, but there may be 
an outstanding bug or two.  A few sample queries are below.

Capabilities: https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/capabilities

Full tzid list: https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/zones

List of changed tzids since I built/installed 2014g data: 
https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/zones?changedsince=2014-10-03T14:56:59Z

List of tzids that start with "US": 
https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/zones?pattern=US*

List of single tzid: 
https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/zones?pattern=America/New_York

Fetch America/New_York: 
https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/zones/America/New_York

Fetch America/New_York only for 2014-2016: 
https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/zones/America/New_York?start=2014-01-01T00:00:00Z&end=2017-01-01T00:00:00Z

Expand America/New_York for next year: 
https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/observances/America/New_York?start=2015-01-01T00:00:00Z&end=2016-01-01T00:00:00Z

If anyone is interested in comparing the observances generated from my 
VTIMEZONE data to the output of zdump -V, you can add a "zdump=true" 
query parameter to any expand URL, e.g.: 
https://cyrus-test.andrew.cmu.edu/tzdist/observances/America/New_York?start=1800-01-01T00:00:00Z&end=2038-01-01T00:00:00Z&zdump=true

Yes, I could've implemented the zdump option with a special MIME type in 
an Accept header, but I wanted to make it easy to view the results in a 
browser during my testing.

Please let me know if you find something non-compliant with the latest 
spec or incorrect tzdata, although I have done a diff between zdump and 
my output for all zones and they match.

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University