Subject: [Tzdist] Latest draft

From: Lester Caine <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 17:52:37 +0000

Looking good!

Question ... Any reason why 'opaque token' would not be simply the
version? Since the data is locked to it's version number nothing else
should exist.

Only problem ...
I'm still unconvinced by the attempt to create "monolithic" and
"incremental" models! If I am publishing an historic snapshot, I need a
complete set of timezones for that version ... even if my publication
method is only supplying the incremental changes. It is an
implementation detail of the storage process and asking for an
'incremental' version just seems wrong. One needs the 'monolithic'
version at that point. If my data source is TZ, then the only version
numbers are those provided by the 'monolithic' view, but I only notify
the incremental changes.

-- 
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://lsces.co.uk
EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/
Model Engineers Digital Workshop - http://medw.co.uk
Rainbow Digital Media - http://rainbowdigitalmedia.co.uk