Subject: [Tzdist] Protocol Action: 'CalDAV: Time Zones by Reference' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-tzdist-caldav-timezone-ref-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 09:00:49 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'CalDAV: Time Zones by Reference'
  (draft-ietf-tzdist-caldav-timezone-ref-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Time Zone Data Distribution Service
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ben Campbell, Barry Leiba and Alissa Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tzdist-caldav-timezone-ref/

Technical Summary

This document specifies changes to the CalDAV protocol that enables
clients and servers to not have to exchange VTIMEZONE infromation, but
instead make use of tzdist servers.

Review and Consensus

An issue tracker was maintained and all open issues have been
resolved.  This draft enjoys support from the WG, although there are
fewer interested parties when it comes to caldav.  A review of the
Prefer: header request is in progress.

Personnel
The document shepherd is Eliot Lear. The responsible Area Director
is Barry Leiba.