Subject: [Unbearable] administrivia: wrt github.com use

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 15:22:47 -0700

given that the tokbind spec editors chose to ensconce the editors' drafts
for the WG in the https://github.com/TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts repo, it
would probably be better overall to figure out how to more closely
integrate that's repo's use into the traditional IETF WG framework. i.e.,
rather than having to remember to discuss issues on the mailing list, we
can apply the Note Well to the repo and pipe issues and comments to the
mailing list.

I note that the W3C has largely figured this out, and can pipe github.com
issues, pull requests, comments thereof, etc to WG mailing list(s) --
e.g., see..

   Using GitHub for W3C specifications
   https://www.w3.org/2015/Talks/1217-github-w3c/

   Re: [Ietf-and-github] Legal notices (was: Re: A possible way of keeping
WG
                         informed of github tracked issues?

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-and-github/current/msg00022.html

..plus, Martin Thomson has put together a nice set of templates for
setting up a github.com repo for IETF WG use (some-assembly-required)..

   https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template

Given that we're using the TokenBinding/Internet-Drafts repo's issues list
and pull request functionality, perhaps we should at least use
i-d-template (above) to generate an appropriate CONTRIBUTING.md and add
that to the repo.

It would be nice if someone (the ietf tools team?) would setup and run
https://github.com/dontcallmedom/github-notify-ml for the IETF, but in
lieu of that I'm trying an experiment by creating a github user
"unbearable-ML" who's email address is this DL and having that user
"watch" our repo...  if it doesn't work for whatever reason it can be
discontinued..

hth,

=JeffH