Subject: [Uri-review] SMB URI penultimate draft???

From: "Christopher R. Hertel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:13:30 -0600

Hi everyone.  Happy new year!

The next draft of the SMB URI is due tomorrow.  I should have had it in 
sooner but I wound up rewriting large portions of it to make it clearer.

I'm attaching my current draft now.  I'll do any final edits on it tonight
and then submit it.  After that, I would like to clear up anything
else--including glaring omissions, typos, gaping holes, misspellings, and
just plain wrongstuff--in the next month.

Chris -)-----

-- 
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem" ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/     -)-----   Christopher R. Hertel
jCIFS Team -- http://jcifs.samba.org/   -)-----   ubiqx development, uninq.
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   [email-masked]
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   [email-masked]

---

From: "Christopher R. Hertel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:27:54 -0600

Version 06 of the SMB URI draft is now available from the IETF webserver.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crhertel-smb-url-06.txt

My *plan* is:
  - to check for any IETF nits I didn't pick,
  - clean up a few organizational issues that have been pointed out 
    already,
  - direct and star in an four-part TV mini-series adaptation of RFC2549.
(Well, maybe not that last one.)

I don't plan on making any further changes to the hard tofu core of the
material unless someone finds something that I've missed that really needs
fixing.  'Course, that can only happen if the draft gets read.  ;)

Anyway, the next thing after that is to start the process of moving the 
draft in the general direction of the RFC procesess.  I'm sure that will 
be interesting too, but I'm looking foreward to it.  I like learning new 
things.

Thanks everyone.

Chris -)-----

_______________________________________________
Uri-review mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/uri-review