Subject: [Uri-review] SMB URI: Time to fish or cut bait.

From: "Christopher R. Hertel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:41:28 -0500

Some of you have helped me with this in the past, but I need to finish this
out and I really have no clue how to make that happen.  The workings of the
IETF are still quite opaque to me and, as I am not supported by some
Corporate Entity, I can only attend IETF meetings when they are in the Twin
Cities (which, fortunately, does happen).

So...  I am planning to submit draft #11 of the SMB URI scheme document.
I feel strongly that it's neither complete nor correct.  I would like to
make it so.

I would particularly appreciate help in two areas:
1) Ensuring that the grammar presented is correct and is properly
   synchronized with URI generic syntax.
2) A description of the hows and whys of dealing with missing slashes
   following directory (collection) names.

There are now many implementations of this URI scheme but no definitive
guide to the syntax and proper workings of the scheme.

Draft #10 is currently available on the IETF website and neither of the two
areas I've listed have been changed so comments based on draft #10 will be
relevant to me.  I am also more than willing to have more authors on this
draft if someone is so inclined.  Getting complaints from the SMB/CIFS
community is easy, getting assistance and collaboration has been much more
difficult.

Looking forward to your replies.

Chris -)-----

-- 
"Implementing CIFS - the Common Internet FileSystem" ISBN: 013047116X
Samba Team -- http://www.samba.org/     -)-----   Christopher R. Hertel
jCIFS Team -- http://jcifs.samba.org/   -)-----   ubiqx development, uninq.
ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   [email-masked]
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Uri-review mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/uri-review