Subject: [Uri-review] Request for review of draft-weiler-rsync-uri-01

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:23:18 +0200 (CEST)

I've revised draft-weiler-rsync-uri in response to comments from Paul 
Hoffman in early July.  Further comments are invited.

-- Sam

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:00:20 +0200

>Hoffman in early July.  Further comments are invited.

Section 2 should simply refer to the security considerations section
instead of repeating (most of) it. The filled out template does not
need to be a stand-alone document.

I cannot tell what the meaning of, say, rsync://x:[email-masked]/ is,
the informal syntax seems to disallow this, and the ABNF does allow
it, but there is no description of the semantics.

As per section 2.6 of RFC 4395 you need to have considerations for
internationalisation, such as the character encoding for user name
and source (which may be that rsync never processes these in terms
of characters, or that only ascii is allowed, or whatever).
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/