Subject: [Uri-review] Fwd: RFC 6068 on The 'mailto' URI Scheme

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 10:31:12 +0900

FYI.    Regards,   Martin.

(apologies if you get multiple copies)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFC 6068 on The 'mailto' URI Scheme
Date: Mon,  4 Oct 2010 17:31:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 6068

         Title:      The 'mailto' URI Scheme
         Author:     M. Duerst, L. Masinter,
                     J. Zawinski
         Status:     Standards Track
         Stream:     IETF
         Date:       October 2010
         Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                     [email-masked],
                     [email-masked]
         Pages:      17
         Characters: 36683
         Obsoletes:  RFC2368

         I-D Tag:    draft-duerst-mailto-bis-10.txt

         URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6068.txt

This document defines the format of Uniform Resource Identifiers
(URIs) to identify resources that are reached using Internet mail.
It adds better internationalization and compatibility with
Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs; RFC 3987) to the
previous syntax of 'mailto' URIs (RFC 2368).  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
   http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
   http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce