Subject: [Uri-review] Request for review of draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:18:49 -0500

Hi,

Please review and send us comments on the IPP over HTTPS Transport
Binding and 'ipps' URI Scheme available at:

  http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-04.txt

Many thanks to the IPP WG members of the IEEE-ISTO PWG for their
careful review of the previous draft (see Change History appendix).

Abstract:

   This memo defines the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) over HTTPS
   transport binding and the corresponding 'ipps' URI scheme, that is
   used to designate the access to the network location of a secure IPP
   print service or a network resource (for example, a print job)
   managed by such a service.

   This memo is published by the IETF on behalf of the Internet Printing
   Protocol Working Group of the IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group.

   This memo updates RFC 2910 and RFC 2911.

Background:

   This memo is published by IETF on behalf of the Internet Printing
   Protocol Working Group of the IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group, as
   part of their IPP Everywhere [IPPEVE] project for mobile, ubiquitous
   printing with generic drivers.

   The following versions of IPP are currently defined:
   - 1.0 in [RFC2566] (obsolete)
   - 1.1 in [RFC2911]
   - 2.0 in [PWG5100.12]
   - 2.1 in [PWG5100.12]
   - 2.2 in [PWG5100.12]

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (Co-Chair of IPP WG in IEEE-ISTO PWG)

References:

[IPPEVE]  McDonald, I.  and M.  Sweet, "PWG IPP Everywhere 1.0",
           work-in-progress, August 2011.
           <http://www.pwg.org/ipp>

[PWG5100.12]  Bergman, R., Lewis, H., McDonald, I., and M.  Sweet,
           "Internet Printing Protocol Version 2.0 Second Edition
           (IPP/2.0 SE)", PWG 5100.12, February 2011.
           <http://www.pwg.org/standards.html>

[RFC2911]  Hastings, T., Ed., Herriot, R., deBry, R., Isaacson, S.,
           and P.  Powell, "Internet Printing Protocol/1.1:  Model
           and Semantics", RFC 2911, September 2000.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WG
Secretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
IETF Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIB
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
mailto:[email-masked]
Winter  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176  734-944-0094
Summer  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434