Subject: [Uri-review] Request for provisional registration: itms-books/itms-ibookss (Apple iBooks Store)

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:20:29 +0100

hello.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/prov/itms is how apple's 
iTunes music/media store has been registered as a provisional URI 
scheme. this is a registration request for the corresponding 
itms-books/itms-bookss schemes, which identify resources in apple's 
iBooks store. it seems that in practice, itms-books/itms-bookss URIs are 
increasingly replaced by HTTP(S) URIs with the prefix 
http(s)://itunes.apple.com/ (and variations of this prefix, including 
the domain ibooks.apple.com), but itms-ibooks continues to work and is 
still used for identifying apple iBooks store resources.

here is the registration template:

-----------------------------------------

Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Scheme names: itms-books, itms-bookss
Status: provisional

Scheme syntax:
    itms-books:
    itms-bookss:

Scheme semantics:
    Used for connecting to the Apple iBooks Store

Encoding considerations:
    Unknown, use with care.

Applications/protocols that use this scheme name:

Interoperability considerations:
    Unknown, use with care (limited client-side support).
    May be unsuitable for open use on the public internet.
Security considerations:
    Unknown, use with care.
Contact:
    Registering party: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
    Scheme creator: Apple
Author/Change controller:
    Either the registering party or someone who is verified to represent 
the scheme creator. See previous answer.
References:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBooks

-----------------------------------------

thanks and kind regards,

erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked] |
            | http://dret.net/netdret    |
            | http://twitter.com/dret    |