Subject: Re: [Uri-review] Review request for payto URI scheme

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 09:48:05 +0200

hello.

On 2017-04-30 23:51, Florian Dold wrote:
> This is a review request for the registration of the payto URI scheme,
> as per RFC 7595.
> It is specified in the following Internet Draft:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dold-payto/

without going into any other details: section 3 refers to section 5 and 
calls it a "registry". whether a registry for payment schemes is or 
isn't a good idea is a different matter, but as it is specified right 
now, this is not a registry, but a fixed set of options. if you think 
that a registry (that can be extended by adding new entries as the 
payment space evolves) is a good idea, then you might want to consider 
setting up an IANA registry a la RFC 5226 as part of your draft.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-registries might help as a 
general guideline of why and how a registry might be a mechanism for how 
to manage the namespace of payment schemes.

cheers,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked] |
            | http://dret.net/netdret    |
            | http://twitter.com/dret    |