Subject: DAV: and opaquelocktoken: missing from URI scheme registry

From: Dan Connolly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:09:38 -0500

IANA,

In the course of maintaining an informal list of URI schemes[1]
I noticed that the URI Scheme registry[2] is missing entries for
DAV: and opaquelocktoken: per [WEBDAV]. Please fix.

Also... the title of [2] should be
	"Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Schemes"
no?

  "... . It excludes those
   portions of RFC 1738 that defined the specific syntax of individual
   URL schemes; those portions will be updated as separate documents, as
   will the process for registration of new URI schemes."
	-- http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/uri/rfc2396.txt

[1] http://www.w3.org/Addressing/schemes

[2] Uniform Resource Locators (URL) Schemes
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/url-schemes
Last Modified: Thursday, 18 February, 1999 3:58:12 PM GMT

[WEBDAV] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2518.txt
"   This specification also defines a URI scheme for the encoding of
lock
   tokens, the opaquelocktoken URI scheme described in section 6.4.

   To ensure correct interoperation based on this specification, IANA
   must reserve the URI namespaces starting with "DAV:" and with
   "opaquelocktoken:" for use by this specification, its revisions, and
   related WebDAV specifications."

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/