Subject: Delegation request of urn:ogf

From: Freek Dijkstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:57:59 +0100

Hi all,

The Open Grid Forum (OGF) likes to apply for a formal urn delegation for
the "urn:ogf" namespace.

To that extend a we have drafted an I-D, which is available at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dijkstra-urn-ogf

We highly appreciate your feedback!

Feel free to reply to this list or leave feedback at the following URL:
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/artf6459

(Note that any feedback you leave at the latter URL is considered a
contribution to the Open Grid Forum, and is under that IPR. I never
really dived into it, but I think it is similar to the IETF IPR, meaning
that you grant the OGF a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to
use your contribution to enhance the document.)

If you rather like to comment privately, by all means feel free to reply
off-list.

A little background. URNs in the urn:ogf namespace are currently in
limited use (Google gives about 100 hits), in fact there are two
-mutually exclusive- usages already (both originating from outside the
OGF), so we figured it would be wise to document and formalise the
semantics a bit before they gain real popularity ;)
I'm happy to comment and solicit feedback on this practical use at a
later stage (I'm currently planning to solicit feedback only in the OGF
for that, but if this group is interested, I'm happy to cross-post that
here.)

Regards,
Freek Dijkstra