Subject: Application for a formal URN NID "ddi"

From: Joachim Wackerow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:28:17 +0100

Dear All,

As per RFC 3406, I’m requesting a two-week review for a formal URN 
namespace request. I would like to request a URN Namespace for the Data 
Documentation Initiative (DDI).

The RFC draft is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/staging/draft-urn-ddi-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/staging/draft-urn-ddi-00.pdf

The RFC draft outlines also a related resolution process which is based 
on DDDS. It is planned to request for a NAPTR record at [email-masked].

Please note that the structure of the Namespace Specific String (NSS) 
cannot be seen final yet. The underlying existing DDI specification 3.1 
is currently being revised. Changes of the NSS are still possible. A 
formal decision on the upcoming DDI 3.2 is expected in the next couple 
of weeks. Nevertheless we are interested to start the application 
process for the URN namespace.

Any advice for this process is welcome.
Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Joachim Wackerow

-- 
GESIS - Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences
Department: Monitoring Society and Social Change
Unit: Social Science Metadata Standards
Visiting address: B2 1, 68159 Mannheim, Germany
Postal address: P.O. Box 122155, 68072 Mannheim, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)621 1246 262
Fax: +49 (0)621 1246 100
E-mail: [email-masked]
www.gesis.org/en/institute/