Subject: A request for formal registration of "ucode" as URN

From: ishikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:37:07 +0900

Dear sirs/madams,

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am Chiaki Ishikawa of YRP Ubiquitous Networking Laboratory.
My office is an executive member of an NPO called T-Engine Forum which,
among other things, administrates uID Center which, in turn, manages
an identifier code system called "ucode".

Here with the request of the team at uID center and the chair of T-Engine
Forum, I am applying for
the formal registration of "ucode".

Attached is the copy of document with the document name which I am trying to
submit to IETF.

	draft-ietf-urnbis-yrpunl-ucode

It is at the initial approval stage:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/status/37780/request/

So I think I am at the initial stage (step 2) of the following procedure.
(Instead of sending the Internet-Draft, I used the the mechanical submission
process since it seems preferred. But I am not entirely sure
when the initial approval stage passes. Hmm ...)

 Formal NID:

      1. Write an Internet-Draft describing the namespace and include
         the registration template, duly completed.  Be sure to include
         "Namespace Considerations", "Community Considerations" and
         "IANA Considerations" sections, as described in Section 4.3.

      2. Send the Internet-Draft to the I-D editor, and send a copy to
         [email-masked] for technical review.

      3. Update the Internet-Draft as necessary from comments, and
         repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed.

      4. Send a request to the IESG to publish the I-D as an RFC.  The
         IESG may request further changes (published as I-D revisions)
         and/or direct discussion to designated working groups, area
         experts, etc.

      5. If the IESG approves the document for publication as an RFC,
         send a request to IANA to register the requested NID.

Please feel free to ask me questions.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

I wish you all a pleasant holiday season and a Happy New Year.

Sincerely,
Chiaki Ishikawa

---

From: ishikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:51:33 +0900

Dear sirs/madams,

After my initial submission attempt, I received an e-mail from
Alfred Hoenes, the co-chair of URNBIS. Per his suggestion, I cancelled the
original submission and re-named the document to

draft-ishikawa-yrpunl-ucode-urn-00

and resubmitted.

Attached the modified submission draft.
I changed the reference to urnbis in the left column heading of the first 
page to urn also. (The date is also bumped by one. The date of the IETF 
server seems to have changed.)

Sincerely,
Chiaki Ishikawa

> Speaking as an URNbis co-chair:
>
> IMHO, work on new URN namespaces, and hence this draft,
> currently is out of charter for URNBIS working group
> (cf. http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/urnbis/charter/ ).
> Hence, this draft should be submitted as an individual draft.
>
> Andy, do you agree?
> If so, please act upon the formal refusal.
>
> Authors, please re-submit as draft-ishikawa-yrpunl-ucode-urn-00,
> draft-ishikawa-urnbis-yrpunl-ucode-00, or similar.
>
> Kind regards,
>   Alfred H�nes.
>
> -- +------------------------+--------------------------------------------+ | TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes | Alfred Hoenes Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys. | | Gerlinger Strasse 12 | Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18 | | D-71254 Ditzingen | E-Mail: [email-masked] | +------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

---

From: ishikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 11:53:36 +0900

FYI, the document is now accessible from

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ishikawa-yrpunl-ucode-urn/

TIA and a Happy New Year to all.

Sincerely,
Chiaki Ishikawa

On (2011年12月22日 19:51), ishikawa wrote:
>> -- +------------------------+--------------------------------------------+ 
>> | TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes | Alfred Hoenes Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys. | | 
>> Gerlinger Strasse 12 | Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18 | | D-71254 
>> Ditzingen | E-Mail: [email-masked] | 
>> +------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
> 
>