Subject: URN namespaces Submission for Ad-ID (www.ad-id.org)

From: Jarrett Wold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 11:12:01 -0500

I am submitting a request for an URN Namespace for Advertising Digital
(Ad-ID).

Thank You

*Jarrett Wold *| *Ad-ID LLC*
Director of Technology & Platforms
646-708-8131

[email-masked]

BEGIN TEMPLATE

   The namespace definition according to the template in [RFC3406
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3406>] is as

   follows:

   Namespace ID:

      adid

   Registration Information:

      Version 1

      2015-12-21

   Declared registrant of the namespace:

      Name:

         Advertising Digital Identification, LLC

      Address:

         Advertising Digital Identification, LLC

        11020 David Taylor Drive, Suite 305

        Charlotte, NC 28262-1103

         USA

      Contact:

         URL: http://www.ad-id.org/contact

         Email: [email-masked]

   Declaration of syntactic structure:

      The identifier structure is as follows:

An Ad-ID Identifier consists of an eleven or twelve character string.

This string is divided into three parts:

1.  a four-character alphanumeric (non-leading zero) Company Prefix

2.  a seven-character alphanumeric Unique Code

3.  a one-character Video Format Identifier.

Non alphanumeric (“special”) characters and spaces are not valid within the
structure of an Ad-ID.

A Canonical Full Ad-ID Identifier shall conform to the syntax specified
below using ABNF (as specified in IETF RFC 5234): The URN representation
URN-ADID of an ADID Identifier conforms to the syntax (expressed using ABNF
(as specified in [RFC5234 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5234>]):

FULL_ADID_IDENTIFIER = FULL_ADID_PREFIX1 FULL_ADID_PREFIX2 FULL_ADID_CODE
{FULL_ADID_SUFFIX}

FULL_ADID_PREFIX1 = 1*ALPHANUM = %x41-5A; A-Z / %x31-39; 1-9

FULL_ADID_PREFIX2 = 3*ALPHANUM = %x41-5A; A-Z / %x30-39; 0-9

FULL_ADID_CODE = 7*ALPHANUM

FULL_ADID_SUFFIX = “H” / “D”

DIGIT = %x30-39; 0-9

ALPHA = %x41-5A; A-Z

ALPHANUM = ALPHA / DIGIT

The following is an example of the string representation of an ADID as   a URN:

      urn:adid:ABCD0001000

      urn:adid:ABCD0001000H

32-BIT unique representation of the FULL_ADID_CODE;

The short version (compact unique identifier) of the identifier is as follows:

      urn:adid:cuid:<CUID>

      Example: urn:adid:cuid:36faeaba

where CUID is a 32-BIT unique representation of the full Ad-ID code as
defined above.

   Relevant ancillary documentation:

      [SMPTERP2092-1] specifies the representation of Ad-ID.

   Identifier uniqueness considerations:

The ADID Registrar is responsible for managing the assignment of the
ADID and shall ensure the uniqueness of all ADID URNs by checking such
names against the list of existing ids.

ADID assigns the identifier, adid, in such a way

      that the uniqueness of the 'adid' will be maintained.

      Furthermore, an ADID Identifier is associated with a single

      URN-ADID.

   Identifier persistence considerations:

The assignment process guarantees that ‘adids’ are not reassigned or
reused and the binding between the id and its resource is permanent.

      By reference this URN namespace inherits those rules

   Process of identifier assignment:

ADIDs are generated by Ad-ID’s proprietary registration          procedures.

   Process for identifier resolution:

ADID URNs are resolved via URN resolvers run under ADID     responsibility.

   Rules for Lexical Equivalence:

      Lexical equivalence of ADID-URN is defined by case-insensitive

      string match.

   Conformance with URN Syntax:

      As specified above, the syntax of ADID-URN is a subset of the URN

      syntax specified in [RFC2141 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2141>].

   Validation mechanism:

      The validity of an ADID-URN can be checked using AD-ID’s web services.

   Scope:

      ADID Identifiers are centrally registered, globally unique

      identifiers for use with advertising assets worldwide.