Subject: RE: Comments on draft-adid-urn-00

From: Jarrett Wold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:57:21 -0400

Hi Dale -
I hope you are well.  I just wanted to give you a heads up I submitted as
and Internet Draft.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/status/77574/2ec89a71732528ff6b323e4a2
25c5d7f/

Jarrett

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale R. Worley [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:22 PM
To: Jarrett Wold <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-adid-urn-00

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Jarrett Wold <[email-masked]> writes:
> I tried to submit as this as an ID, however, the site is saying the ID
> Tool won't be available until 4/3.

Yeah, no I-Ds can be submitted in the last two weeks before an IETF
meeting.  That way, two weeks before the meeting, you can determine what
you need to read before the meeting.  Submissions resume on the Sunday at
the beginning of the meeting.

Dale

---

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:34:53 -0400

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/status/77574/2ec89a71732528ff6b323e4a2

When I look at that URL, I see "Submission status: Awaiting Manual
Post".  Clicking on the "idnits" button shows a bunch of stuff
including:

  -- The document has an IETF Trust Provisions (28 Dec 2009) Section 6.c(ii)
     Publication Limitation clause.  If this document is intended for
     submission to the IESG for publication, this constitutes an error.

Looking at the prodcedures document (RFC 3406 section 4.3), it looks
like URN namespaces have to be approved by the IESG, so you'll probably
have to change the IETF Trust Provisions before you can get the
namespaced approved.  You shouldn't have to change that, though, to get
the draft into the database.  But I suspect you've got to go into the
tool somehow and tell it that you're OK with this.  If you can't make it
work, you should probably get in touch with the chair of the URN working
group, who would be the person in charge.

Dale

---

From: Jarrett Wold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:51:53 -0400

Hi Dale -
It looks like this was submitted ok now.
Jarrett

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 3:08 PM
To: [email-masked]; Jarrett Wold <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-adid-urn-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-adid-urn-00.txt has been successfully
submitted by Jarrett Wold and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:		draft-adid-urn
Revision:	00
Title:		Advertising Digital Identification (Ad-ID) URN Namespace
Definition
Document date:	2016-04-12
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		6
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adid-urn-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-adid-urn/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-adid-urn-00

Abstract:
   Advertising Digital Identification (Ad-ID) Identifiers are used
   identifying Advertising Assets across all media platforms (over the
   air, on-line, over the top, mobile, place based). This document
   defines the formal Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace Identifier
   (NID) for Ad-ID Identifiers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale R. Worley [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 11:35 AM
To: Jarrett Wold <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Comments on draft-adid-urn-00

Jarrett Wold <[email-masked]> writes:
> I hope you are well.  I just wanted to give you a heads up I submitted
> as and Internet Draft.
>

When I look at that URL, I see "Submission status: Awaiting Manual Post".
Clicking on the "idnits" button shows a bunch of stuff
including:

  -- The document has an IETF Trust Provisions (28 Dec 2009) Section
6.c(ii)
     Publication Limitation clause.  If this document is intended for
     submission to the IESG for publication, this constitutes an error.

Looking at the prodcedures document (RFC 3406 section 4.3), it looks like
URN namespaces have to be approved by the IESG, so you'll probably have to
change the IETF Trust Provisions before you can get the namespaced
approved.  You shouldn't have to change that, though, to get the draft
into the database.  But I suspect you've got to go into the tool somehow
and tell it that you're OK with this.  If you can't make it work, you
should probably get in touch with the chair of the URN working group, who
would be the person in charge.

Dale