Subject: Welcome to urn-ietf

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:36:35 -0400 (EDT)

--

Welcome to the urn-ietf mailing list!

If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list,
you can send mail to "[email-masked]" with the following command
in the body of your email message:

    unsubscribe urn-ietf [email-masked]

Here's the general information for the list you've
subscribed to, in case you don't already have it:

This mailing list is for discussion of Uniform Resource Name 
standardization work as it is being carried out in the IETF context.
After a BOF session at the Montreal IETF in June, 1996, there seemed to be
consensus that there was a direction for moving forward in defining a   
manageable corner of the URN problem, and tackling it.  This list is 
intended as the vehicle for carrying out that work.  Newcomers are urged
to familiarize themselves with previous discussions; archives of the mail
to this list are available (see below.)

See http://www.bunyip.com/research/ietf/urn-ietf/  for more details.

Mailing list and digest archives are available at:

ftp://ftp.bunyip.com/pub/mailing-lists/urn-ietf.archive/urn-ietf.archive.YYMM
ftp://ftp.bunyip.com/pub/mailing-lists/urn-ietf-digest.archive/v0V.nNNN
 
for the main list, YYMM represents the year and month numerically
  as in: 9511 = November, 1995
for the digest of the list v0V.nNNN represents the Volume and digest
  Number as in: v01.n023 = Volume 1, Number 23
 
These files are also available with majordomo via [email-masked].
If you need some help with this there are a couple of places to look.
First you can send a note to:
 
[email-masked]
 
with the text:
 
help
END
 
in the body of the message.  If this doesn't help much and you need to
speak with the human responsible for this list, send a note to:
 
[email-masked]
 
Note that this list is also available in a daily digest format as well.
See the help file (mentioned above) for information if you aren't
already familiar with usual majordomo procedures and naming schemes.
 
                                [email-masked]