Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:43:23 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The Naming Authority Pointer (NAPTR) DNS Resource
                          Record
        Author(s)       : M. Mealling, R. Daniel
        Filename        : draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-03.txt
        Pages           : 26
        Date            : 25-Jun-99

This document describes a DNS Resource Record (RR) which specifies a rewrite rule that, when applied to an existing string,
will produce a new domain. Reasons for rewriting a domain
vary from URN Resource Discovery Systems to moving out-of-date
services to new domains.

This document updates those portions of RFC2168 specifically
dealing with the definition of the NAPTR record.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-03.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.