Subject: new documents....

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:26:37 -0500

Hi all,
  You are going to be seeing all of the outstanding DDDS documents
go by shortly. They're all going to have new titles as follows:

Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part One:
The Comprehensive DDDS Standard
(draft-ietf-urn-ddds-toc-00.txt)

Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Two:
The Algorithm
(draft-ietf-urn-ddds-05.txt)

Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Three:
The DNS Database
(draft-ietf-urn-dns-ddds-database-07.txt)

Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Four:
The URI Resolution Application
(draft-ietf-urn-uri-res-ddds-05.txt)

Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Five:
URI.ARPA Assignment Procedures
(draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-09.txt)

The reason for the title changes was a large amount of confusion by
the IESG on what documents were axiomatic. Especially when it came to the
documents dealing with the NAPTR record. The request was made for a
'table of contents' document to tie all of them together which is what
draft-ietf-urn-ddds-toc-00.txt is.

There are no technical changes and the only edits were to the Abstract
and Introduction sections of each document to include a pointer to the
table of contents document. At this point I don't think an additional
last call type operation is needed but I'm going to leave that
decision to the WG chair and the Area Directors.

I _think_ this is finally it....

-MM

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling        |      Vote Libertarian!       | urn:pin:1
[email-masked]      |                              | http://www.neonym.net