Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:28:41 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Delegation Discovery System (DDDS) Part Five:
                          URI.ARPA Assignment Procedures
        Author(s)       : M. Mealling
        Filename        : draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-11.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 07-May-02

RFCYYYY defines a how DNS is used as a DDDS database that contains
URI delegation rules (sometimes called resolution hints).  That
document specifies that the first step in that algorithm is to append
'URI.ARPA' to the URI scheme and retrieve the NAPTR record for that
domain-name.  I.e., the first step in resolving 'http://foo.com/'
would be to look up a NAPTR record for the domain 'http.URI.ARPA'.
URN resolution also follows a similar procedure but uses the
'URN.ARPA' zone as its root.  This document describes the procedures
for inserting a new rule into the 'URI.ARPA' and 'URN.ARPA' zones.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-11.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-11.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-11.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.