Subject: Re: [urn] A first cut at the Draft Charter

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 22:23:12 +0200 (MESZ)

Folks,
Juha and I have re-worked the draft URNbis charter to accommodate
the concers raised, and other comments received (thanks to all
contributors!).  The restructured and amended text hopefully
elaborates in sufficient detail on the problems the WG is going
to tackle and the specific tasks for it to be chartered initially,
so that the type of maintenance work intended should be pretty clear
even for people only passing by at this topic, without having read
the initial drafts already submitted to the IETF.

This version will be posted immediately in a distinct message,
to allow new threads to more easily refer to that "second cut".
The text has grown in size substantially; it was our intent to give
that degree of detail for the record and to base further reasoning
on it, but we seriously want to cut it back down to a more handy
volume by the BOF we target at IETF 78 in Maastricht.

Therefore, I'd appreciate to get feedback first on the reasoning
in this second cut on the draft charter (in order to get more
clarification if still regarded as necessary), and subsequently
suggestions on where to shorten the text.

We need to boost the discussion; the IETF calendar expects formal
BOF requests for IETF 78 by June 1st, and hence the general issues
with the charter (if any) should to be resolved by then.
Therefore, please provide feedback as soon as possible -- even if
you simply want to indicate support for the goals described in the
draft charter and your intent to actively participate in the
proposed URNbis WG.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+