Subject: [urn] FYI: revised draft 'GSMA' URN namespace definition available

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:21:32 +0200 (MESZ)

For your interest, in particular since the subject has been
mentioned as an example in the URN BoF in Maastricht:

A significantly revised draft version of the 'GSMA' URN namespace
definition document has been submitted to the IETF.

Quoting the frontpage of the draft:

-------- snip --------

A Uniform Resource Name Namespace for the GSM Association (GSMA) and the
         International Mobile station Equipment Identity (IMEI)
                   draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-05

Abstract

   This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for the
   GSMA and a sub namespace for the IMEI (International Mobile station
   Equipment Identity), and associated parameter for the IMEISV
   (International Mobile station Equipment Identity and Software Version
   number).  The IMEI is 15 decimal digits long and the IMEISV is 16
   decimal digits long and both are encoded using Binary Encoded Decimal
   (BCD).  The IMEI and IMEISV were introduced as part of the
   specification for Global System for Mobile (GSM) and are also now
   incorporated by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) as part
   of the 3GPP specification for GSM, the Universal Mobile
   Telecommunications System (UMTS) and 3GPP LTE (Long Term Evolution).
   The IMEI and IMEISV are used to uniquely identify Mobile Equipment
   within these systems and are managed by the GSMA (GSM Association).

-------- snip --------

For versatile access to the draft and related information, please
visit:
  <http://tools.IETF.ORG/html/draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-05> .

NOTE:
  Comments on this draft should be sent to the draft authors and/or
  the   urn-nid AT ietf.org   mailing list, _not_ this list.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+