Subject: [urn] Formal expiry of the rfc3187bis (ISBN URN) draft

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:03:36 +0200 (MESZ)

URN foolks,

the draft revised ISBN URN specification is pending formal "expiry",
i.e., it will soon not be listed any more in the official IETF
Internet-Draft archive.  But that does not mean the draft has died!

Juha and I have purposely decided to _not_ update this draft at this
time, because we look forward to pending progress in working group
formation, and the next revision can then be submitted immediately
as a WG draft.

However, reviews and further comments on the draft are still highly
appreciated and welcome!
The draft is still available from the IETF Tools site at:
     http://tools.IETF.ORG/html/draft-hakala-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00

Please send your feedback on this draft -- as well as the two other
drafts referred to in our draft charter and at the BOF in Maastricht
--, to this list (or off-list to the authors, if you prefer).

o  draft revised NBN URN namespace specification:
     http://tools.IETF.ORG/html/draft-hakala-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn-00

o  draft revision of the URN syntax specification:
     http://tools.IETF.ORG/html/draft-ah-rfc2141bis-urn-02

Please review and comment!  The earlier comments are recieved, the
faster we will be able to progress, once the WG will (hopefully soon)
be formed!

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+