Subject: [urn] FYI: fairly related draft on metadata Media Types updated

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 01:17:28 +0100 (MEZ)

FYI:

An updated version of the I-D,

  "The Media Types application/mods+xml, application/mads+xml,
   application/mets+xml, application/marcxml+xml, application/sru+xml"

has been posted today; this could be relevant to PersID and future
work on URN resolution in general.

Abstract

   This document specifies Media Types for the following formats: MODS
   (Metadata Object Description Schema), MADS (Metadata Authority
   Description Schema), METS (Metadata Encoding and Transmission
   Standard), MARCXML (MARC21 XML Schema), and the SRU (Search/Retrieve
   via URL Response Format) Protocol response XML schema.  These are all
   XML schemas providing representations of various forms of information
   including metadata and search results.

Authors: R. Denenberg, Library of Congress
         P. Saint-Andre, Cisco

Your friendly IETF Tools site offers the HTMLized version of this I-D
at:
  <http://tools.IETF.ORG/html/draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-03>

Kind regards,
  Alfred.