Subject: [urn] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 16:15:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using International Standard Book Numbers as Uniform Resource Names

	Author(s)	: M. Huttunen, J. Hakala, A. Hoenes
	Filename	: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2010-12-21
	
The International Standard Book Number, ISBN, is a widely used
   identifier for monographic publications.  Since 2001, there has been
   a URN (Uniform Resource Names) namespace for ISBNs.  The namespace
   registration was performed in RFC 3187 and applies to the ISBN as
   specified in the original ISO Standard 2108-1992.  To allow for
   further growth in use, the successor ISO Standard, ISO 2108-2005, has
   defined an expanded format for the ISBN, known as "ISBN-13".  This
   document defines how both the old and new ISBN standard can be
   supported within the URN framework and the syntax for URNs defined in
   RFC 2141[bis].  An updated namespace registration is included, which
   describes how both the old and the new ISBN format can share the same
   namespace.

   This document replaces RFC 3187; it also obsoletes and moves to
   Historic status the predecessor thereof, RFC 2288.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:56:53 +0100 (MEZ)

Hello,
speaking as the document editor:

Cleaning up authors' desks, we happened to submit the initial WG version
of the RFC 3187bis (URN:ISBN) draft.

> directories.  This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names,
> Revised Working Group of the IETF.
>
> Author(s): M. Huttunen, J. Hakala, A. Hoenes
> [...]

As usual, a HTML-ized version (also linking to related information)
is available at the IETF Tools site at this URL:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00>

A HTML `diff` from the predecessor individual I-D can be obtained
with the URL:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?difftype=--hwdiff
          &url1=draft-hakala-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00.txt
          &url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn-00.txt>

Comments are welcome!
But please note that this draft depends on the revised URN syntax and
URN Namespace Definitions documents, the initial WG versions of which
have been available since some time; we really need to discuss these
with highest priority.  Hope the years-end holidays will offer you
an opportunity to read and comment on all WG documents.

I once more recall that all WG related information should be accessible
to you from the WG's home page, <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/urnbis/>.

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

-- 

+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |
| Gerlinger Strasse 12   |  Phone: (+49)7156/9635-0, Fax: -18         |
| D-71254  Ditzingen     |  E-Mail:  [email-masked]                     |
+------------------------+--------------------------------------------+