Subject: [urn] WG progress

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:40:31 -0600

<hat type='AD'/>

The following documents are currently expired (and indeed were last
updated in 2010):

* draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn
* draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3187bis-isbn-urn
* draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3188bis-nbn-urn
* draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc3406bis-urn-ns-reg

The URNBIS WG had milestones to issue Working Group Last Calls on those
documents in February of 2011 and deliver them to the IESG in April.

The WG is now seriously behind schedule. Although there has been a bit
of discussion on the mailing list, the results of those discussions have
not been incorporated into updated Internet-Drafts. Furthermore, the WG
did not meet at IETF 81 and does not plan to meet at IETF 82.

If the WG does not make visible progress before IETF 82 (which I would
measure by, at least, updated versions of the chartered I-Ds), as the
responsible AD I will need to consider taking more drastic measures to
generate a successful outcome, or consider closing the WG.

Document authors, please note that the final submission cut-off before
IETF 82 is October 31, so you have 4 weeks to make some progress...

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:59:22 -0600

Again, please note that the submission deadline before IETF 82 is two
weeks from today:

http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2011.html#IETF82

(I will reply separately to Juha's post about namespace registration.)

Peter