Subject: [urn] 2141bis questions - (9) Expert review

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 01:55:31 -0500

Section 8 of the document, on registration of namespaces,
specifies Expert Review and points to RFC 5226.  The expert
review provisions there are fairly specific.
draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-11 is better, but still doesn't
align with the discussion I think we had many months ago about
creating a committee (not just a set of rotating individuals to
spread the load) and about being very specific that the "expert"
role was one of advising and trying to convince people to
produce better-quality registration specs, not accepting or
rejecting registrations.

If my memory of that is correct, this section will need some
work and text suggestions would be welcome.

Is  my memory correct or do we need to discuss those issues
further?

   john

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 02:06:29 -0500

Sorry... didn't read my notes carefully enough.

I should have added that Section 9 does discuss some of the
issue and should be pointed to in, or merged with, the first
paragraph of Section 8.1 (an editorial matter), but Section 9
still somewhat contradicts the language of RFC 2226.

   john