Subject: Re: [urn] 2141bis questions - (11) IANA considerations and Interoperability

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 02:20:31 -0500

Under IANA Considerations - URI Scheme, Section 10.1, the text
says

	"Interoperability Considerations:  There are no known
	interoperability concerns related to use of the 'urn'
	URI scheme."

IMO, this is not strictly true because the whole discussion of
whether URNs can be (or should be, or are meaningful in) various
contexts and/or in relative URI form is ultimately about
interoperability considerations.  One could argue that almost
everything else that RFC 3986 considers a per-scheme issue and
that we have made per-NID for URNs falls into the same category.

Should more be said in that line item and, if so, what?

    john

p.s. That is the end of my current questions/issues list for
probably-substantive and/or controversial changes to 2141bis.
I'll be posting a list of proposed editorial modifications
within the next few days.