Subject: [urn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:03:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Uniform Resource Names (URNs)
        Authors         : Peter Saint-Andre
                          John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-11.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2015-03-31

Abstract:
   A Uniform Resource Name (URN) is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
   that is assigned under the "urn" scheme and a particular URN
   namespace, typically with the intent that the URN will be a
   persistent, location-independent resource identifier or abstract
   designator.  With regard to URN syntax, this document defines the
   canonical syntax for URNs (in a way that is consistent with URI
   syntax), specifies methods for determining URN equivalence, and
   discusses URI conformance.  With regard to URN namespaces, this
   document specifies a method for defining a URN namespace and
   associating it with a namespace identifier, and describes procedures
   for registering namespace identifiers with the Internet Assigned
   Numbers Authority (IANA).  This document obsoletes both RFC 2141 and
   RFC 3406.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/