Subject: [urn] resolution section (CREF16)

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:45:03 -0600

Section 7.5 states:

    The "Resolution" section specifies the rules for resolution of URNs
    assigned within the namespace.  If such URNs are intended to be
    resolvable, the namespace needs to be registered in a Resolution
    Discovery System (RDS, see [RFC2276]) such as DDDS.  Resolution then
    proceeds according to standard URI resolution processes, as well as
    the mechanisms of the RDS.  This section ought to list the
    requirements for becoming a recognized resolver of URNs in the
    relevant namespace (and being so listed in the RDS registry).
    Answers might include, but are not limited to:

CREF16 proposes alternate text:

    The "Resolution" section specifies the rules for resolution of URNs
    assigned within the namespace.  This section SHOULD list the
    requirements for becoming a recognized resolver of URNs in the
    relevant namespace.  Answers might include, but are not limited to:

That seems simpler, so I approve.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://andyet.com/