Subject: [urn] I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 16:25:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Uniform Resource Names (URNs)
        Authors         : Peter Saint-Andre
                          John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-12.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2015-06-15

Abstract:
   A Uniform Resource Name (URN) is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
   that is assigned under the "urn" scheme and a particular URN
   namespace, with the intent that the URN will be either a persistent,
   location-independent resource identifier or in some cases an abstract
   designator that is persistent but that does not identify a resource.
   With regard to URN syntax, this document defines the canonical syntax
   for URNs (in a way that is consistent with URI syntax), specifies
   methods for determining URN equivalence, and discusses URI
   conformance.  With regard to URN namespaces, this document specifies
   a method for defining a URN namespace and associating it with a
   namespace identifier, and describes procedures for registering
   namespace identifiers with the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
   (IANA).  This document obsoletes both RFC 2141 and RFC 3406.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 07:28:05 -0800

As you've probably seen, the -12 version of the 2141bis
draft was uploaded yesterday.  We're planning on taking
the -13 version to working group last call, and we really
need some careful review to make sure that problems
with the document have been identified and addressed.

This morning John sent out a list of issues that he's
identified and that need sign-off from the working group.
Some of his questions are somewhat open-ended and we
need to avoid rat-holing, so please be very specific
and provide concrete examples where possible.

The immediate questions are:

. Are the current versions of the registration templates
  and descriptions complete and clear?
. Are the r-component and q-component examples correct?
. Can someone provide clarifying text about where r-component
  and q-component queries go?

He also raised some broader questions which need discussion
but which perhaps can wait until we've got some level of
agreement on what needs to be done for wglc.

(John's email is here:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/urn/H2lkeRkYhPhbqF_zMs555ARCp6g)

Thanks,

Melinda

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-12.txt
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 16:25:26 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 18:16:39 -0800

This is a reminder to take a look at draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-12
with an eye towards what, if anything, needs to be resolved before going
to working group last call.

Many thanks, and have an excellent weekend.

Melinda

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-12.txt
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 07:28:05 -0800
From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

(John's email is here:

Thanks,

Melinda

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-12.txt
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 16:25:26 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

Abstract:

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 09:28:05 -0600

Thanks for the reminder, Melinda. I know that at least one active WG 
participant was on vacation recently, so he wasn't able to provide a 
review yet.

If this WG were meeting at IETF 93, we would have a forcing function to 
complete reviews. Perhaps we can find a substitute somehow (a deadline 
or a conference call?).

Thanks!

Peter