Subject: [urn] urn registration request: "jaif"

From: Jörg Walther <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 18:21:02 +0000

Dear all,
please find attached an updated version of our urn registration request.
Upon suggestion of Peter Saint-Andre we have tried to express the intended use more clearly.
I understand, the main document you need for your decision process is the registration request following the template, not the RFC format. Therefore I send only the template-style request.
I kindly ask for your approval and registration of the urn in the official urn registry.
Thanks in advance for your support
Kind regards

Jörg Walther

ICT & Security Manager
Odette International Ltd.
71 Great Peter Street
SW1P 2BN London
GB

Phone:  +49 30 8978 42 224
Mobile: +49 171 9786 109

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 15:52:51 -0600

Hallo Jörg,

Thank you for updating the completed template to explain the purpose in
more detail.

You can leave the version number at "1" for now - you would change it to
"2" in the future if you were to revise the registration once this
initial registration is accepted by IANA.

You can merge the sections "Assignment" and "Process of identifier
assignment" (according to RFC 8141 only the former is needed).

Previously I had read only the Internet-Draft (sorry about that), so I
missed the fact that the completed template is missing the "Resolution"
and "Documentation" sections. They should be easy to add because you had
information about these topics in the Internet-Draft. It would still be
helpful to mention exactly which document at odette.org defines (or will
define) the assignment procedures.

Thanks again,

Peter

On 6/11/17 12:21 PM, Jörg Walther wrote:
> I understand, the main document you need for your decision process is
> the registration request following the template, not the RFC format.
> Therefore I send only the template-style request.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> urn mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn
>