Subject: Re: [urn] Namespace application: reso

From: Sam DeBord <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 14:22:34 -0800

Hello Juha,

Thanks for reviewing the RESO website. To provide some more background
about how RESO is intending to use URNs, here is a list of their proposed
uses so far:

   -

   Representation of Unique Licensee IDs. These will have the form of:
   urn:reso:ulid:x, where x is a specific licensee identifier. Licensees
   can be people like Agents, photographers, appraisers, and others involved
   in the transaction.
   -

   As a "recorder ID" in the following event model proposal
   <https://github.com/RESOStandards/RESO-RBI-EventModel>, in which case
   the URN will take a form similar to the following:
   urn:reso:recorder:org:x, where org is an organization id well-known to
   RESO and x is identifier of the recording entity in that organization.
   -

   Another important use RESO has planned for URNs is for them to act as
   references to RESO Data Dictionary items already established in our
   ecosystem. This link shows the "Property" resource
   <https://ddwiki.reso.org/display/DDW17/Property+Resource>, which
   consists of fields and enumerations. Each field has a RESO-generated
   RecordID associated with it (or LookupID in the case of enumerated values).
   For example, the PropertySubType field
   <https://ddwiki.reso.org/display/DDW17/PropertySubType+Field> has a
   RecordID of 100222, and one of the allowed values for that field is
   Apartment <https://ddwiki.reso.org/display/DDW17/Apartment>, which is
   part of Lookup Field ID 302000 and has LookupID 302001. These would have
   URNs of the form: urn:reso:rid:100222, urn:reso:lfid:302000, and
   urn:reso:lid:302001, respectively.

Let us know if you have any further questions about the above items or
regarding our application for a URN.

*Sam DeBord*
CEO | Real Estate Standards Organization
[email-masked] | 206.658.3225

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 3:01 AM Hakala, Juha E <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I checked the RESO web site, and there is standardization (and other)
> activity which would benefit from URN assignment, such as (IMO) IDX data
> standard. However, the registration request should provide some background
> information so that it would not be necessary to retrieve it from somewhere
> else.
>
> Also, some examples of URNs to be assigned would give us better idea of
> the plans.
>
> All the best,
>
> Juha
>
> -----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
> Lähettäjä: urn <[email-masked]> Puolesta Dale R. Worley
> Lähetetty: sunnuntai 3. marraskuuta 2019 16.11
> Vastaanottaja: Sam DeBord <[email-masked]>
> Kopio: [email-masked]
> Aihe: Re: [urn] Namespace application: reso
>
> It may be that I read this document too quickly, but I got the impression
> that it is completely *valid*, but it doesn't tell me anything, as far as I
> can tell, as to what these URNs will really be used for.
>
> Even to the point that I've never heard of the "Real Estate Standards
> Organization" or what it does.  Does it produce a series of standards that
> are used in the real world?  Where in those standards would these URNs be
> used?
>
> Simimlarly, the proposed syntax is just that the URNs have to be valid
> URNs.  It doesn't hint that you've got any detailed plan in mind.
>
> Dale
>
> _______________________________________________
> urn mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/urn
>