Subject: User membership in ICANN

From: Michael Sondow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:29:13 -0500

The ICANN is forming a Membership Advisory Committee to help determine
the constituencies that will be represented in the ICANN's at-large
membership and in the at-large contingent of the ICANN Board of
Directors (see http://www.icann.org/icann-pr25nov98.html).

Internet end-users - individuals, associations, universities and
research organizations, and both profit and non-profit corporations -
must not be absent from these discussions, since they will affect the
voice that Internet users will have in shaping the policies that
determine the future of the Internet.

============================================================
Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are
inappropriate.  It is appropriate to be concerned about
"responsibilities" and "service" to the community.

                                    ----- Jon Postel, 1994.
============================================================
International Congress of Independent Internet Users (ICIIU)
       http://www.iciiu.org       [email-masked]
============================================================