Subject: simultaneous translation

From: Michael Sondow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 19:39:20 -0500

An informal group has begun to form, following the recent ICANN and
DNSO meetings here in the U.S., around the idea of creating a
simultaneous translation team to provide on-the-spot verbal translations
at important Internet conferences. The Berkman center at Harvard, which
hosted the ICANN meeting in Boston, as well as some participants on the
IFWP list such as myself, are discussing ways and means of implementing
this.

I would like to coordinate with other groups that may be working on
similar projects, whether in the U.S., Europe, or elsewhere. If anyone
receiving this message knows of a group working on a similar project, I
would greatly appreciate hearing from them.

============================================================
Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are
inappropriate.  It is appropriate to be concerned about
"responsibilities" and "service" to the community.

                                    ----- Jon Postel, 1994.
============================================================
International Congress of Independent Internet Users (ICIIU)
       http://www.iciiu.org       [email-masked]
============================================================

---

From: Charles Nesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:49:28 -0500

thanks for this initiative