Subject: Novice IETF Guide (fwd)

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 09:06:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

Here is a msg from Paul Hoffman, who has written a "Novice IETF Guide."
Since we were talking about some of this info in Orlando, he is giving us
a preview of it.  He is quite open to comment for making it a strong
document.

My suggestion would be that we take a look at it and have two types of
feedback:

1. feedback to Paul on the doc itself
2. feedback to the USWG list re what this doc does and does not cover of
what we were talking about tackling in Orlando

thanks!
April (and Paul)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:25:15 -0800
From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
To: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: re the Novice IETF Guide

OK, I think I've gotten what I will from the first round of folks who I
asked about the guide. Could you send the following to the USWG? I'm not on
the list, and I don't believe in posting to lists I'm not on. :-)

Greetings, user services folks. I have put together a non-official novice's
guide to the IETF. This came out of having many IMC members ask how to do
this or that in the IETF, and not having a good single place to point them.

I would like to get your input before I put this out for public consumption
on January 25. If you would, please take a look at
<http://www.imc.org/novice-ietf-prelim.html> and let me know if I have made
any mistakes or if you see things that folks have asked you about that are
not covered. I've already gotten some great feedback from Scott Bradner,
Patrik Fältström, April Marine, and Ryan Moats, but am certainly open to more.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium