Subject: TERENA Issue Call for Short Papers (fwd)

From: April Marine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 08:59:33 -0800 (PST)

FYI.

April

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 17:34:01 +0100
From: Nicola Warren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: TERENA Issue Call for Short Papers

                TERENA Issue Call for Short Papers
                ----------------------------------

TERENA and NORDUnet have today issued a Call for Short Papers to 
be presented in a recent results session at the TERENA-NORDUnet 
Networking Conference, which will be held in Lund, Sweden from 
7-10 June 1999.  The Call for Short Papers is listed at the bottom 
of this message and is also available from the conference WWW 
page at:

http://www.terena.nl/tnnc/cfsp-99.html

I would be grateful if you would distribute this information to
your colleagues.

Best regards,

Nicola Warren
PR & Conference Officer
TERENA Secretariat

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

            TERENA-NORDUnet Networking Conference 1999

              "The Challenge of Gigabit Networking"
                 7-10 June 1999 - Lund, Sweden, 

                      CALL FOR SHORT PAPERS
                      =====================

The TERENA NORDUnet Networking Conference 1999 is being jointly 
organized by TERENA, the Trans-European Research and Education 
Networking Association and NORDUnet, the Nordic network organization.
Further information about the conference is available on the 
conference WWW page at:

http://www.terena.nl/tnnc/

The conference programme will feature a session allocated explicitly to
presentations which reflect up-to-date information about work-in-progress,
ongoing research and recent results.  This call for short papers is for 
participants who were not able to submit their material before the 
deadline for regular papers due to ongoing research projects and for 
those who wish to announce new results.  With less formal papers and 
presentations, the recent result session provides a forum for debate
and exchange of ideas, and an opportunity to ask questions 
and give opinions on topical subjects in research networking.  Ordinary
status or progress reports will not be accepted for this session.

Subject Areas for the Conference
================================

*  Gigabit networking technologies;
*  Internet security and electronic commerce;
*  Quality of Service developments;
*  Advanced network applications;
*  Government policy and regulatory issues.

Please do not hesitate to raise uncommon views or any contrasting 
opinions to your own which may prompt interesting debate.  The papers
selected to be presented will be allocated approximately 15 - 20 
minutes within the session.  It is envisaged that delivery of the 
presentation will take approximately 10 minutes, leaving 5 - 10 minutes 
for a lively discussion on the issues raised.

The Programme Committee will review Short Paper submissions and those
selected for presentation in the recent results session will be 
included in the Book of Abstracts, the Final Programme and the 
electronic Conference Proceedings. 

Information for Short Paper Submission
======================================

Short Paper submissions should not exceed 1000 words (or two A4 sides)
in length, and should outline the main theme, results and opinions of
the proposed presentation.  All papers must be written in English and
submitted by 26 March 1999.  Please ensure that your paper is read by
a colleague and, where possible, a native English speaker, before 
submission.

All paper submissions must include the paper title; titles and full 
names of author(s); organizational affiliation; and contact postal 
address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers.  If more than one 
author is listed, please identify a single point of contact.  

All papers must be submitted in electronic format following the 
instructions listed below.  The preferred method of submission is HTML
files submitted via FTP; however, plain ASCII text files submitted by 
FTP or e-mail will also be accepted.

HTML Documents
--------------
Please use only elementary HTML commands and minimize the number of 
files (one main HTML file, plus essential figures in a general format
such as GIF or JPEG referenced by URLs).  When submitting by FTP, please
ensure that all files are deposited into a single directory.  If your 
paper submission contains more than one file, the main HTML file should
be named index.html and any supplementary figures should be named fig1.gif,
fig2.jpeg, fig3.gif etc.

Send your files by anonymous FTP to <ftp.terena.nl> into directory 
"pub/tnnc/submit".  Please note that files deposited in this directory 
can only be written once and cannot be deleted afterwards.  If after 
submitting your files you wish to send an update, please follow the 
naming convention outlined above, but name your files index2.html, 
index3.html, etc., so that your most recent submission can be easily
identified.  Also, to ensure that we notice the update, please send 
an e-mail to <[email-masked]>.

ASCII Text Documents
--------------------
Plain ASCII text documents can be submitted by FTP or e-mail.  E-mail
submissions should be sent to <[email-masked]>.  FTP submissions
should be sent by anonymous FTP to <ftp.terena.nl> into directory 
"pub/tnnc/submit".

Conference Publications
=======================

Authors of accepted papers must supply a speaker profile and an 
abstract, for publication in the Book of Abstracts, by 30 April 1999
and an HTML or PDF version of their paper, for publication on the 
Conference WWW page, by 21 May 1999.

Important Dates
===============

26 March 1999:	Full Paper Submissions Due
16 April 1999:	Notification of Acceptance to Authors

Relevant Contacts
=================

Programme Committee Chair:
Peter Villemoes <[email-masked]>

TERENA VP Conferences:	
Michael Walsh <[email-masked]>

Local Organization:	
Arne Sundström <[email-masked]>

Conference Officer:	
Nicola Warren <[email-masked]>

Conference Support:	
Bert van Pinxteren <[email-masked]

General Information
===================

TERENA Secretariat
Singel 468	
1017 AW Amsterdam	
The Netherlands	

Tel:     +31 20 530 4488
Fax:     +31 20 530 4499
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     http://www.terena.nl/tnnc/ 
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nicola Warren - PR & Conference Officer
TERENA Secretariat, Singel 468, 1017-AW Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20-530-4488         Fax: +31 20-530-4499
E-mail: [email-masked]     WWW: http://www.terena.nl/  
------------------------------------------------------------------